Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's involved in getting this hair colour?

Options
  • 26-03-2017 10:06pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My hair is currently light ashy blonde. I've been getting highlights since I was about 13, but I'm starting to think about a change. I love the look of something like this:

hair-venus-colore-01.png

A kind of caramel-y light brown base with lighter highlights. Would any hairdressers know what I'd need to do to make the switch, and could it be done in one session? I'm thinking it's something like an all over colour with highlights over that? Or is that all high/low lights?

Sorry about the massive picture!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I would think balayage and toner would do that, it's a gorgeous colour! Definitely have consultation with a hairdresser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Yep, I'd say balayage and toner also - really worth doing your homework before committing to a colourist to do this because I've seen pleanty of bad examples of balayage, one of which was on my own head from a very well known salon (ie obnoxious blonde streaks on the underside of my hair, really blocky looking and no attempt at blending - huge regret that I didnt complain at the time but it was my first time having my hair coloured and I was in shock at the results).

keep us posted if you get it done and where. I'm the same colour- ashy and golden blonde highlights (my natural colour dark blonde). I have always loved that warmer caramel look - it looks low maintenance too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks all! My hair is just above shoulder length so I'm not sure if it's too short for balayage? I have an appointment with my hairdresser in a couple of weeks, so I'll see what she reckons. I'm on the verge of trusting her, so I'll see how she would approach it before committing!

Sweetmaggie - it's the low maintenance aspect that appeals to me too!

Edit: have just googled balayage with my hair length and it can actually look great!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Well, 10 points to GingerLily and SarahMollie! Went to the hairdresser yesterday and it was indeed balayage and a toner :). My hair is a little duller than in the picture above now, but I imagine that's because the toner needed to bring the bleached parts down a lot. Hopefully will get closer to the picture over the next few trips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement