Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time off for Graduation?

Options
  • 26-03-2017 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm a final year B.Ed student, and will qualify as a secondary school teacher at the end of May.
    I recently had a first round interview with an international school in Abu Dhabi, which I'm absolutely delighted with, as it would be one of my three preferred schools to teach in abroad.
    I haven't actually been offered the job yet, so this is a case of putting the cart before the horse, but I was just wondering if these kind of schools are likely to give their staff time off to attend their graduation ceremony back home? I've just found out that my graduation ceremony isn't until 1st December (a Friday), so technically I'd only need the Thursday and Sunday off, in order to travel there & back.
    Also, if I was to get this job, when would I need to bring this situation up?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Dec 2nd is National Day is on Dec 2nd so you'll probably get the Sunday off in lieu.

Advertisement