Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keloid Scar

Options
  • 27-03-2017 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

As a teenager, I had a keloid scar removed from my BCG vaccination. I am currently considering a tattoo, likely on my back or arm (Or both).

Can anybody advise as to the liklihood of keloid formation from a tattoo? I've had one body piercing that was ok and I do have a tiny (ill-advised, home done) tattoo that was also ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'd say that falls under the category of seeking information from a professional practitioner in the health care business... I didn't even know what a Keloid scar was until I just googled it... But I'm sure your susceptibility to them would be better studied by a doctor than some random teenagers assembled in a quiet corner of the internerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Against the advice above I'd more likely speak with a tattoo artist. Most doctors hate body modification and won't be in anyway helpful. Speak with a professional tattoo artist and they should be able to speak with you in detail about the likelyhood. I asked a doctor about tattoos once and they just said "they're bad". Medical doctors haven't a notion about tattoos or piercings because they never trained in them.

Advertisement