Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BE strike discussion

Options
  • 27-03-2017 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't expect to be back here so soon!

Anyway here we go, got banned for a day for a ridiculous reason in the Commuting and Transport forum.

I made the following post, which I find perfectly reasonable.

"If only you were reflective of IE, an Illegal sympathy strike did occur, causing massive disruption for thousands of people. Didn't seem to bother the majority of IE drivers.

And in regards to half arsed, IE is quite poor too, both derived from CIE."

Monument made the following warning.

"The majority of IE drivers were not involved in striking -- make that claim again on this thread and expect it to be treated as trolling and get banned.

-- moderator"

I don't see an issue with my post, and calling it trolling is quite frankly insulting and ridiculous. The point that monument made in a personal capacity (about the majority of IE drivers not being on strike) was also quite bold and in my opinion should not have been made in bold font.

I responded on that thread with a post under the lines of your mod note has been noted by me, and in regard to the comment on most drivers not being on strike, it's an undeniable fact that many of them were, no services at Limerick, none at cork until 11am etc. That post has been deleted so I can only get this much of it :

"Limerick station operated no services (bar a match special at 23:15), Cork had no services until 11am and intercity services on many other lines were severely curtailed"

I also sent the following PM to monument near the time of my post.

"I would take issue with your mod warning, as my point i feel was valid and proved no evidence of trolling or otherwise. I'd enjoy an impartial thread. I hope there was no misunderstanding, I have no agenda against IE, but I do take issue with the wildcat strike by IE with no notice, union or ICTU agreement. I feel it is vastly unfair to the travelling public, I will soon be using IR as an airport connection and this random wildcat action could do massive damage to my travel arrangements."

And then the following PM after I was banned:

"At least have the respect to reply to my PM.

Quite poor monument, moderators are supposed to be impartial and this is a clear cut case of a strong agenda"

I stand by my comments and do think that there is a strong agenda to keep any negative words about IE away.

I request this ban, even though short, be overturned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I've had a look at this for you.

You are yet again clearly challenging a mod on thread despite your claim not to be. You were trying to make the same point again in the post after the mod instruction. You have plenty of form in this regard.

As for responding to PMs, that was covered in a previous DRP.

You are clearly not paying heed of too many of your previous sanctions and DRPs you have had. There's just no improvement and the frequency of your sanctions is increasing. It is still yourself which is the problem as just looking at the many and various actions by mods in multiple forums supports this.

Ban upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

tricky D wrote: »
    I've had a look at this for you.

You are yet again clearly challenging a mod on thread despite your claim not to be. You were trying to make the same point again in the post after the mod instruction. You have plenty of form in this regard.

As for responding to PMs, that was covered in a previous DRP.

You are clearly not paying heed of too many of your previous sanctions and DRPs you have had. There's just no improvement and the frequency of your sanctions is increasing. It is still yourself which is the problem as just looking at the many and various actions by mods in multiple forums supports this.

Ban upheld.

I'd disagree that I was challenging a mods authority or their notice, I was challenging a comment they made in a personal capacity which I feel is perfectly fine to do. Another user I understand also took issue with the comment made by the moderator in a personal capacity, not that this affects my case but it is worth noting.

Hence I feel the ban is not justified.

Tricky D I'd appreciate your patience has run very short with me but I don't think your being exactly fair with your comments. I'd completely disagree my conduct is worsening and this is only my third DRP and my last one was completely ridiculous, in which the card was revoked.

When I feel a sanction is justified, I will not dispute it, I did not feel this was justified.

I'm not going to ask for an admin review here, as there is the best part of 3 hours left in the ban, so this can be locked.

Again I'd urge a serious review of Moderation on here. There's a reason that boards has the reputation it does, and denying this with telling people "to go off to other sites then" is not doing the situation any favours.

Regards,
    JCX BXC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The mod's comment was in bold and with 'moderator' attached so obviously it is an instruction. Any claim to the contrary holds no water.

As for moderation you continually allege mod bias yet you have been sanctioned by many and various mods across multiple forums, so it is clear to us that it is you, not us, where the problem lies. If anything we have been lenient as we have not exercised the probation you were handed in the previous DRP.

You disagree with the claim of your conduct yet the frequency of actions against you is increasing at around once a month.

You clearly have not improved at all since the previous DRP.

Anyway as you have opted for no admin review, I'll get this marked this as closed.

Regards
    tD

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Marking as resolved

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement