Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing Charge Card

• 27-03-2017 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I seem to have misplaced my charge card, anyone know process to get a replacement one? or maybe two?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just email eCars with your details.
    They are linked to you so they will deactivate the lost one and issue replacements.

In the meantime use your contactless ATM card so you can still charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

kceire wrote: »
    In the meantime use your contactless ATM card so you can still charge.

Does that work?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Does that work?

Yes, works on eCars Ireland and eCars NI.
    I used it in my return leg from Belfast to Dublin when I first bought and had no charge card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Firblog

I'm obviously missing something here.. I only ever had one card (contact less? ). Wave it in front of the charge point and work away... what one was I missing. And how do I get that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Does that work?

Doesnt work on any EFacec with upgraded software , nor certain DBTS. Im tried mine on a lot , most DONT work with an ATM card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Firblog wrote: »
    I'm obviously missing something here.. I only ever had one card (contact less? ). Wave it in front of the charge point and work away... what one was I missing. And how do I get that one?

kceire is saying you can use any contactless smartcard e.g. ATM/debit card, credit card, Leap card, etc., but apparently they don't work on all charge points. I've heard people have better luck with Leap cards than others. I've often just waved my wallet at the card reader so don't know what card it's really scanning...

Advertisement