Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special shout out to Bray CC

Options
  • 27-03-2017 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

I was driving up to Glendalough with the family on Saturday morning when I came upon a biggish group from Bray CC coming in the opposite direction and given the width of the road I opted to stop, move as far left as I could and let them pass.

Each and every one of them acknowledged my action and created a very good example for my wife and kids. Kudos to them all.

I don't know if any of them are on here but the encounter was on the road up from Ballyhorsey towards the road that takes you to Roundwood - might be called Glendarragh Lane?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I like seeing things like this. As cyclists we recognise that we should look out for each other, even when in the car, and I like to think that most of our two wheeled family recognise and acknowledge the little good deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

what a fine example of soundness from all involved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

+1 on this.

A couple of years back I got stranded in Laragh. 3 punctures in the 40km to get there and ran out of tubes. There was an Ireland-England rugby match on at the time so there weren't many people out. Then a group from Bray pulled into the cafe and I started chatting to them. A woman in the group went across the road to talk to an elderly gentleman getting into his car. A couple of minutes later they both came over to me and she said that this man (also a member of Bray Wheelers) would drive me to a bike shop in Stillorgan, if it was any use to me. Of course it was.

An amazing act of soundness that I'm still grateful for.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Big Mig

Eponymous wrote: »
    I was driving up to Glendalough with the family on Saturday morning when I came upon a biggish group from Bray CC coming in the opposite direction and given the width of the road I opted to stop, move as far left as I could and let them pass.

Each and every one of them acknowledged my action and created a very good example for my wife and kids. Kudos to them all.

I don't know if any of them are on here but the encounter was on the road up from Ballyhorsey towards the road that takes you to Roundwood - might be called Glendarragh Lane?

I was part of that group you met on Saturday. We will always give a nod or wave to anyone who pulls in like that to let us pass safely. Thank you very much, its much appreciated.

Advertisement