Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cbr600 battery

• 27-03-2017 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I came off my bike a couple months ago and didn't use it for about a month, then i tried starting it and it was turning over but the battery was too low to start it. I have left it since then. Anyone know how likely it is i need to change the battery now? Someone told me its most likely screwed now where even if it will charge back up it will die very easily if left for a few days. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

you can bring the battery to batteryworld.ie (long mile road), or the like and they'll test it

but yea, I wouldnt hold much hope in it being salvagable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

I'm not too sure, what condition was i8t in before it was left standing?

I've done this many times, parked a bike up for winter and left the battery (yes - I know) but once it's been recharged properly I haven't had a problem.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I think the trying to start it and then leaving it may be a lot worse than if i had recharged it the day after trying it though I may be wrong. Might be worth a shot, any idea where i could get a price on a new battery? I was going to ring JP motorcycles and ask them but they are closed, maybe cotters? I think they might be closed on Monday too actually..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

I would give it a full charge and see how it goes.

Even if it is getting a bit tired it might get you through the summer months.

Advertisement