Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cycling Challenge 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Aside from the fact it's rubbish, chosen seemingly at random or for opaque reasons and I don't want it on my phone. If they want people to take part then they should make it easy to get involved but they've made it unnecessarily difficult.

Maybe I've been lucky but I haven't experienced any of the hassles others have here. Not a Strava user, just an ordinary commuter and this has actually increased the number of times I've cycled to work this month by double I'd say. That's surely part of the point of the whole thing.

Now, if we could only catch up with Glasgow!

Galway should have a good look at themselves, nearly last! In fact if it wasn't for 2 users they'd be last.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Maybe I've been lucky but I haven't experienced any of the hassles others have here. Not a Strava user, just an ordinary commuter and this has actually increased the number of times I've cycled to work this month by double I'd say. That's surely part of the point of the whole thing.

Now, if we could only catch up with Glasgow!

Galway should have a good look at themselves, nearly last! In fact if it wasn't for 2 users they'd be last.

True, it doesn't seem that they're all that interested in people who'd already cycle. Shame but c'est la vie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amyplify

treade1 wrote: »
    Chapelizod to Sandyford is less than 35km each way. No reason why the app cannot be used.

Sorry, I meant both ways because I misread the rule. It's 15.3km according to Strava. :D

But if they are eager for people to join in the challenge (which they appear to be) prohibiting people from using their usual apps just isn't going to cut it. They either want people to participate and therefore make it easy and attractive for them to do so or they don't and their attitude to the people annoyed by it is unnecessarily appalling

Advertisement