Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown Music Festival 29/30 July

Options
  • 27-03-2017 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭

punchestown1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I'm glad it's back this year. Really enjoyed the gig last year, and it's very different to the other festivals. Seems like they are trying to make it a rewind festival for Ireland, which is no bad thing. There is a gap in the market for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's like a cruise ship line-up without the cruise. And what's Jess Glynne doing among them?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Added: CULTURE CLUB *SHANE FILAN * DEACON BLUE * THE LIGHTNING SEEDS * DR HOOK * ROLAND GIFT * VILLAGE PEOPLE * SMASH HITS * ALL SAINTS * ABC * BJORN AGAIN * BONEY M * SMOKIE

The previously billed Jess Glynne has been forced to cancel her appearance, due to recording commitments. Tom Jones headlines Sunday 30 July.

askU wrote: »
    Added: CULTURE CLUB *SHANE FILAN * DEACON BLUE * THE LIGHTNING SEEDS * DR HOOK * ROLAND GIFT * VILLAGE PEOPLE * SMASH HITS * ALL SAINTS * ABC * BJORN AGAIN * BONEY M * SMOKIE

The previously billed Jess Glynne has been forced to cancel her appearance, due to recording commitments. Tom Jones headlines Sunday 30 July.

I hope there aren't anymore cancellations :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bonnie Tyler has been announced for Sunday and Shane Filan has been moved to Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Looks good to me, think I'll go to this

What was the food/beverage situation like last year?

Any craft beers or food village?

kfrp wrote: »
    Looks good to me, think I'll go to this

What was the food/beverage situation like last year?

Any craft beers or food village?

Beer limited to Bud/Heiniken/Guinness/Cider

Food was OK but long queues depending on who was playing at the time- have dinner in advance and snack on the day only.

there are sit-down packages organised by the venue itself but don't expect anything special.

Concert last year was strangely on tarmac so hard on the feet (I think it was because there weren't that many there)

Public transport at end of night a nightmare so if driving you should be fine but otherwise try and book a taxi and walk out to meet them outside of the gates.

We bought a camper van ticket for this but can find no info for it. Will we be in with the pink moon campsite or somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

corm500 wrote: »
    We bought a camper van ticket for this but can find no info for it. Will we be in with the pink moon campsite or somewhere else?

I think you have your festivals mixed up.Pink moon campsite with facilities is Electric picnic from what I remember.On the pink moon website it doesn't mention any facilities at all for punchestown so it looks like you have a parking space

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Best me to it.

• Advertisement

argentum wrote: »
    I think you have your festivals mixed up.Pink moon campsite with facilities is Electric picnic from what I remember.On the pink moon website it doesn't mention any facilities at all for punchestown so it looks like you have a parking space
    If you look at the first post on this thread, there is a poster which includes info about camping with pink moon at Punchestown. Also I have visited the pink moon website and it has a section for Punchestown music festival. So pink moon is definitely there. Just wondering if the camper and caravan area is within their area or in a different part of the site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

What's the best way to get to this without driving? My mam and her friend are going (her friend is in a mobility scooter) and the venue are no help with info. They're traveling from Dublin (city centre maybe) and a taxi is way too expensive. Any tips?

rawn wrote: »
    What's the best way to get to this without driving? My mam and her friend are going (her friend is in a mobility scooter) and the venue are no help with info. They're traveling from Dublin (city centre maybe) and a taxi is way too expensive. Any tips?

Get a bus/Drive to Naas and then a taxi from Naas to punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

FYI the Lightning Seeds also cancelled awhile back :(
    They are no longer on the current poster/lineup but they are on the poster image in the first post of this thread.
    Hopefully they'll perform in Ireland at some future date. My wife would love to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

thinking about going to this gig. Whats the story about seating ? Someone said that you could bring camping chairs ?

meolwan wrote: »
    thinking about going to this gig. Whats the story about seating ? Someone said that you could bring camping chairs ?

Last year it was on the main tarmac forum . you can bring chairs but that would be for afternoon sitting down and between artists.at the later shows everyone will be standing. can't say what this years rules will be but last year there were people with chairs

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Trying to find information about this online is proving to be a pain.
    I'm not going, but the oh and family are and I have been tasked with trying to organise their accommodation - is the only way of staying on site through Pink Moon? They have so little information on that site - I assume the camping is only available on the Saturday and Sunday nights? No access to the festival on the Friday night?
    Is there any alternatives to Pink Moon for onsite? Or would you have to leave and stay in a town nearby?
    Someone told my OH that the "done thing" is people sleeping in the car park in cars/vans - but this sounds mad to me (and can't imagine it is allowed anyway, not to mention the lack of facilities or security)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

any idea when the 2-1 tickets are going on sale again. defo not paying full price.

but1er wrote: »
    any idea when the 2-1 tickets are going on sale again. defo not paying full price.

Well the ads are still on the radio ;)

Think it was about 1 week before the concert last year

Well the ads are still on the radio ;)

Think it was about 1 week before the concert last year
    I think it was earlier than that. Nearly a month before.

• Advertisement

Is there any place to pitch a tent around Nass, Co Kildare? I can't afford a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Trying to find information about this online is proving to be a pain.
    I'm not going, but the oh and family are and I have been tasked with trying to organise their accommodation - is the only way of staying on site through Pink Moon? They have so little information on that site - I assume the camping is only available on the Saturday and Sunday nights? No access to the festival on the Friday night?
    Is there any alternatives to Pink Moon for onsite? Or would you have to leave and stay in a town nearby?
    Someone told my OH that the "done thing" is people sleeping in the car park in cars/vans - but this sounds mad to me (and can't imagine it is allowed anyway, not to mention the lack of facilities or security)

from reading the ad in a national paper over the weekend Pink Moon seems to be the only way to stay overnight on site. Also you must be a holder of a weekend ticket in order to use the Pink Moon site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ruths41

Any idea what time it's likely to start on Saturday? I see gates open at 2.

Ruths41 wrote: »
    Any idea what time it's likely to start on Saturday? I see gates open at 2.

Smach hits kick things off at 3pm

Advertisement