Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist knocked off bicycle and shot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

He's not dead, injuries not believed to be life threatening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

I don't think that man is dead Chucote, has his death been confirmed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Moflojo wrote: »
    I don't think that man is dead Chucote, has his death been confirmed?

No, corrected now. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So being remotely connected to the Hutch lot is enough to warrant death now...

These lads have no code whatsoever.

Who here would object to black ops disappearing these b@stards without 'due' process? I certainly wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Chuchote wrote: »
    No, corrected now. Sorry about that.
    Did you change your post or visit the hospital to finish him off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Without knowing the facts I'll withhold sympathy and judgement.

Did you change your post or visit the hospital to finish him off?

I know it shouldn't but this post reminded me of this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

lawred2 wrote: »

Who here would object to black ops disappearing these b@stards without 'due' process? I certainly wouldn't.
    there's a certain irony in having enough of an issue with people summarily issuing justice like this, to call for summary justice to be issued on them.

lawred2 wrote: »

Are you from the Philippines by any chance?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I know he was cycling, an therefore a cyclist but thread title is a bit misleading in that it implies to me that he was shot because he was a cyclist to. At least in the context of this forum.

It's the type of headline we'd complain about if t was in the media

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Roadhawk

Weepsie wrote: »
    I know he was cycling, an therefore a cyclist but thread title is a bit misleading in that it implies to me that he was shot because he was a cyclist to. At least in the context of this forum.

Maybe the shooter was listening to Michael O'Leary's comments on shooting cyclists a few months back ;)

• Advertisement

"It’s understood the victim was shot several times, including once in the groin."

ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

If you ever wanted an example of how media terminology such as "gangland" and "known to the Gardaí" can have a dehumanising effect on the victims of serious crime, just have a read of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I wonder if he broke any red lights in the process!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

there's a certain irony in having enough of an issue with people summarily issuing justice like this, to call for summary justice to be issued on them.

ah yeah - the rights of anti social murderers and all that.

Stand strong brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What I thought as well, seems any incidents on a bike end up here these days

Bad enough when they're shunting into us, but when they start shooting us…

At this stage if you've tipped your hat to a Hutch in the street you're a target, never mind being a cyclist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Was he wearing earphones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yip, should be something like "Gang member knocked off bike and shot, lots of times, but lived. Shooter believed to be cross eyed". However I understand banner space may somewhat limit the amount of words used

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

amcalester wrote:

The shooter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

The thing about these gangland shootings....

Its pretty obvious from the thread that this stuff - its local within the city - but it has nothing to with us. We can have a laugh about it, as some have done here.

However, for people living in that community - in a kilometer squared area stretching from the canal in Ballybough, to Sherriff Street, to Portland Row and down around Railway Street and Gardiner Street - this is the 9th or 10th shooting in that small little area, in that small little community. Most of the people who live there are not criminals, a lot of them have kids, it must be terrifying.

• Advertisement

amcalester wrote: »

Helmet? Hi-viz?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm closing this thread as it's not really a cycling issue.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement