Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS 350 Alarm - 'Fuse' Message - Cut smoke detector

Options
  • 27-03-2017 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an issue I'm having with an Aritech CS 350 Alarm system.

We moved into a house with this system and have no documentation for it. The previous owners had little or no information about it. We are currently experiencing some issues with it. It was previously hooked up to mains smoke detectors which are now not working. I believe one of them was simply cut down, wires and all.

So the message I'm getting on the screen is 'FUSE' and when I try to arm it, it throws up the error message 'Open Zone(s) 6'. Now I'm assuming this relates to the cut smoke detector.

I read up a little on the alarm to see if I could simply inhibit that zone and arm everything else but it says 'not allowed', so I assume I don't have that code privilege.

Basically just wondering can I do anything or does the whole system need to be re-programmed by an Engineer? If so, does anyone have a good recommendation for someone in Dublin North County and any idea what kind of cost that would involve?

Thanks so much

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are the cables still accessible?
    Try short out the blue and yellow wires & replace the aux fuse in the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Avery wrote: »
    Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an issue I'm having with an Aritech CS 350 Alarm system.

We moved into a house with this system and have no documentation for it. The previous owners had little or no information about it. We are currently experiencing some issues with it. It was previously hooked up to mains smoke detectors which are now not working. I believe one of them was simply cut down, wires and all.

So the message I'm getting on the screen is 'FUSE' and when I try to arm it, it throws up the error message 'Open Zone(s) 6'. Now I'm assuming this relates to the cut smoke detector.

I read up a little on the alarm to see if I could simply inhibit that zone and arm everything else but it says 'not allowed', so I assume I don't have that code privilege.

Basically just wondering can I do anything or does the whole system need to be re-programmed by an Engineer? If so, does anyone have a good recommendation for someone in Dublin North County and any idea what kind of cost that would involve?

Thanks so much

Are you sure this was a mains smoke detector?

If it was a 12V one that are mainly used with alarm if it was cut down this would explain the fuse fault message if the power was shorted together.

Advertisement