Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IEVOA introduces free membership

• 27-03-2017 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

The Irish Electric Vehicle Owners Association , ( IEVOA) has at its recent AGM , agreed to introduce a free membership tier. All the advantages of membership , but none of the costs. The only difference is free members cant vote at the AGM , but can attend all members and receive any benefits along side paying members

More then ever we need to build numbers to put pressure on politicians to set agendas to promote EVs and charging etc

see the Facebook page or webpage

( website is being updated and should be live for this in April )

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Seen it on Facebook earlier.
    May join to boost numbers and see what it's all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

BoatMad wrote: »
    The Irish Electric Vehicle Owners Association , ( IEVOA) has at its recent AGM , agreed to introduce a free membership tier. All the advantages of membership , but none of the costs. The only difference is free members cant vote at the AGM , but can attend all members and receive any benefits along side paying members

More then ever we need to build numbers to put pressure on politicians to set agendas to promote EVs and charging etc

see the Facebook page or webpage

( website is being updated and should be live for this in April )

Are there any plans for what to spend the membership fee on? Been in (and left) a couple of amateur groups that charged membership and ended up just sitting on heaps of cash. No point in charging unless you have a plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

They might have got more paid members if there was some more convenient way to pay, e.g. PayPal or something online. Sending money in the post seems so antiquated for such a technically-minded group...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They might have got more paid members if there was some more convenient way to pay, e.g. PayPal or something online. Sending money in the post seems so antiquated for such a technically-minded group...

PayPal now being supported and online payments too from their FB page.

OK, they need to update their website so! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

were working on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It would have been a lot smarter to have the website ready before making this announcement. I saw it this morning, went to sign up, but it wasn't ready. I bet I wasn't the only one.

unkel wrote: »
    It would have been a lot smarter to have the website ready before making this announcement. I saw it this morning, went to sign up, but it wasn't ready. I bet I wasn't the only one.

maybe but we had a discussion and we felt that it was better to announce it rather then have it leaked , the web site is going live real soon ( like a day or two )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

n97 mini wrote: »
    Are there any plans for what to spend the membership fee on? Been in (and left) a couple of amateur groups that charged membership and ended up just sitting on heaps of cash. No point in charging unless you have a plan.

or an EV:D

BM: does it allow hybrids and PHEV owners as voting members or is it only true believers with no electric showers as members.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

I assume it includes all plug-in electric vehicles although the website isn't very specific, but it does include PHEVs in the (somewhat outdated) list of "electric vehicles".

or an EV:D

BM: does it allow hybrids and PHEV owners as voting members or is it only true believers with no electric showers as members.

Any " electric car" other then no plugins , so PHEV welcome

Shower use entirely optional

Advertisement