Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRESTLEMANIA 33 Live Thread **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Goddamn. It looked like that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Could have been so much better. Gimme an Urn, Kane. Anything. Kane could have come out on a bike. Hand it over to Taker to Ride off into the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Not the way a lot would have wanted to happen. Thank you Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Their sense of delusion over Reigns is staggering.

They have a year to build to one show abd that's what they came up with.

Sad to see Taker go in a match like that.

Best part of the night for me was the Hardyz pop, faded out from there.

Off to sleep thank god!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Looper007 wrote: »
    he's really is the Ryan Giggs of WWE.
    He'll be hanging around now waiting until someone lets him be General Manager? With everyone awkwardly avoiding how terrible he'd be in the role?

should've faced reigns at 31 and lost. Would've done far more for reigns than this did and it probably would've been a decent match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Stone Cold was retired by The Rock.

Ric Flair was retired by Shawn Michaels.

Shawn Michaels was retired by The Undertaker.

The Undertaker was retired by Roman Reigns.

There's an odd one out there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Undertaker to enter Hall Of Fame Next Year????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I genuinely do not know how to feel about that. Match itself was dull as dishwasher however genuine emotion after the match. I do hope WWE recognise The Undertaker for who he is was and always will be to the company. I hope I am not the only one who expects a HoF announcement tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Great first half of the show, to see the Hardys return more or less unspoiled was great and glad I saw Taker's last match but they screwed the pooch with him going out like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Overall an enjoyable WM. Some very good matches with AJ/Shane, Ladder match and Jericho/Owens been the stand outs. Goldberg/Lesnar been nice and short and impactful. Women matches were fine. HHH/Rollins Cena match and Orton/Wyatt for meh for me. Sadly Reigns/Taker match was bad but the ending and retirement will overshadow it. Really overlong show, the crowd really lost it after the ladder match.

He'll be hanging around now waiting until someone lets him be General Manager? With everyone awkwardly avoiding how terrible he'd be in the role?

should've faced reigns at 31 and lost. Would've done far more for reigns than this did and it probably would've been a decent match.

Wouldn't surprise me if Vince has him as a head agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We all have too grow up at some stage but my god it's sad. I grew up with taker dead man American bad ass dead man again loved every second of it.

Our life's have to go on so do our hero's but the memories will stay with us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Looper007 wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if Vince has him as a head agent.

Me neither, not that I've seen anything from him to say he'd be anywhere near as good as an Arn or Dean.

Good show overall, wayyyyyyy too long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

No Samoa Joe was a big surprise. Also Big Show, Strowman and Harper all getting eliminated early and not being the final three in the Battle Royal was surprising too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

They need to stop with the 6 hours shows including the pre PPV matches. It's too much and too long and it kills the crowd.
    Thanks Taker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I have so many memories of The Undertaker. Feeling kinda dejected now. Knew he'd have to retire at some stage but still a bit shook after it.

Me neither, not that I've seen anything from him to say he'd be anywhere near as good as an Arn or Dean.

Good show overall, wayyyyyyy too long though.

He's supposedly was working with Corbin and Braun backstage for months now. I definitely see him having a important role.

First half of the show up to HHH/Rollins was very good, after that it got a bit meh as the crowd got tired and the part timers took over. They booked Lesnar/Goldberg right imo. Orton/Wyatt was such a non event. Main Event was a dud but Taker retiring will overshadow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Everyone saying the show was long which it was but I only noticed it in the last match. That's a sure sign it was crap.

I don't really blame Roman but he is prone to a few botches and I thought it would be a bad match on paper due to the chemistry. I was worried that Taker would get hurt too with Roman so at least he didn't. Not that Roman is dangerous but that he is young,strong but prone to a few blips.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭HankScorpio102

Never wanted my bed more. God help anyone who didn't take a day off tomorrow.

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote: »
    They need to stop with the 6 hours shows including the pre PPV matches. It's too much and too long and it kills the crowd.
    Thanks Taker

The crowd was killed by the time the ladder match was over. They came alive with Lesnar/Goldberg short match and the ending with Taker. But yeah they really need to cut down on time.

Yes anyone that has to face college or work after staying up tonight is a better man than me, I had to take the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

C8dht6zVoAAduOq.jpg

Taker's gear still in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yes anyone that has to face college or work after staying up tonight is a better man than me, I had to take the day.

I've a train to be up for in 2 hrs to go sit an exam in dublin. I must be mental

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

oneilla wrote: »
    C8dht6zVoAAduOq.jpg

Taker's gear still in the ring

ugh.... I can't.....

:'(

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've a train to be up for in 2 hrs to go sit an exam in dublin. I must be mental

I couldn't do that my head would be fried. I need my full sleep for anything important. Good luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I wouldn't make Reigns completely blameless here btw. It looked to me they were trying to go for a repeat, from same venue, of Shawn Michaels Flair retirement match where Reigns doesn't want to end it but has to. He just couldn't do seem to do it justice like HBK did.

It's not all on him but that is 3 years in a row he has main evented Wrestlemania and you can make a legitimate case that the last 2 are the worst 2 main events in Wrestlemania history. But hey his match vs Brock at 31 was good so hope for next year I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

I start work here at half 6, but to anyone that is a fan and not stay up and watch Takers last match, for shame.

cooker3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't make Reigns completely blameless here btw. It looked to me they were trying to go for a repeat, from same venue, of Shawn Michaels Flair retirement match where Reigns doesn't want to end it but has to. He just couldn't do seem to do it justice like HBK did.

It's not all on him but that is 2 years in a row he has main evented Wrestlemania and you can make a legitimate case that they are worst 2 main events in Wrestlemania history. But hey his match vs Brock at 31 was good so hope for next year I guess.

think that match always gets a pass cause of Rollins cashing in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I'm leaving for work in just under an hour. If I hadn't rang in "sick" last Monday I'd of taken today off nay bother.

Dreading it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement