Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CVRT test for small Van

• 27-03-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi All

Anyone have a preferred\known CVRT test centre they'd recommend around limerick.

Need to get my vw caddy tested.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i always go to Dennehy commercials on the dock road

http://www.dennehycommercials.com/contentv3/

never had any issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

I have tested my van at dennehys, castlepark, and Shannon transport over last few years,,,,all have failed van for one reason or another,,, money racket making scam..had van checked over by mechanic and any work that thought may be needed done before each test...,,they will always find some problems..:mad::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

kevinkmb36 wrote: »
    I have tested my van at dennehys, castlepark, and Shannon transport over last few years,,,,all have failed van for one reason or another,,, money racket making scam..had van checked over by mechanic and any work that thought may be needed done before each test...,,they will always find some problems..:mad::rolleyes:

maybe its time to find a new mechanic

it might seem like a money racket and probably is sometimes but when you think people can be doing 100k+ km a year and not bother changing tyres or getting a service something like this is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭goochy

Not a money making racket your mechanic just isn't very clued into the test and it's a good job hes not testing vehicles. There's alot of **** mechanics around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

used 2 different mechanics...one used to work at nct test centre.... still dennehys failed the van....on brake pads that were not worn,,,,,, but still had to change them....
    castlepark failed on rubber mountings above the shocks ...which maybe had the slightest or ware on them....
    so yes....I say its a money racket....I try to keep my van running well always...and yet they will always find something,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

Thanks lads booked in for dennehys heres hoping for no issues

Advertisement