Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Electrical & Battery Recycling This Week

Options
  • 27-03-2017 3:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Fingal County Council are doing a collection in Rush on Friday and Balbriggan on Saturday :)

33y4xp4.jpg

2mwedkx.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I really don't see why such a big deal is made out of this every time. WEEE and batteries are always free to recycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

T-Maxx wrote: »
    I really don't see why such a big deal is made out of this every time. WEEE and batteries are always free to recycle.
    I suggest you reread advertisement. It includes anything with a plug, so this is great. The last time they did this in Skerries Mills car park, there were lots of people dropping off as opposed to driving to Swords, so good all around for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Sorry I still don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Sorry I still don't get it.

You can swap old items for new, I know, but if you have piles of vintage appliances, lethal electric fires, old electrical bits and pieces (with two-pin plugs etc) and old batteries piling up like a toxic waste dump around the house its good to be able to go somewhere close by to offload them its a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm with T-Maxx on this as I can't see bringing stuff to Swords as being such a big deal. I know many people don't have private transport but I can't really see how they will get large/heavy electrical items to a local collection either.

I'd much prefer to see them organise a collection for stuff that they won't accept at recycling centres such as carpets and mattresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

...and I know this may sound like a stupid question but when they say 'anything with a plug' do they mean that literally? If an electrical item has the plug removed, will they take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Of course they'll accept any electrical household with or without a plug.....even an old wireless

Advertisement