Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Done deal - Ad marked as sold no longer can view info

• 27-03-2017 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

First time using donedeal the other day, I met with the seller and put down a deposit, before making final payment I just wanted to confirm some details on the listing. The seller has since marked the ad as sold and I can't get any details about the car.

I contacted donedeal to ask just for the listing info as I read on their help they can't provide contact details due to "Data protection", so I asked for the contents of the ad since this in no way could identify a person. Despite two reasonable requests I have now been told that I can only get this information by getting a solicitor to request it!

I now have no record of what the listing actually stated about the car. I can't understand this approach.

Bit peeved as this policy offers all the protection for the seller but nothing for the buyer. I've never used any website that has functioned like this, eBay for example maintains the listing even after sale/auction.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Data Protection is an excuse for 'we can't do this and why don't you just ask the seller who will be able to email you the listing in a matter of seconds'?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RonanFarrell

If you paste the Url into Google, you should be able to view a cached version of the ad from a day or two ago. This of course, depends on how long it has been marked as sold and when Google last crawled the page. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

If you paste the Url into Google, you should be able to view a cached version of the ad from a day or two ago. This of course, depends on how long it has been marked as sold and when Google last crawled the page. Good luck!

Tried this but it's not cached. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RonanFarrell

Bing also cache pages. Worth a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried the address of the owner on the ownership document when you looked at it before putting the deposit down?

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

Any reason why you can't contact the seller about the details?

Also as the seller paid donedeal, their contract is with them and they would not be able to provide you with details no longer listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Just text yer man, tell him you want to run a cartell search and ask for the reg number, why the need to involve donedeal at all?

And if the guy won't give you the reg number, then you have a whole new set of problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Just text yer man, tell him you want to run a cartell search and ask for the reg number, why the need to involve donedeal at all?

And if the guy won't give you the reg number, then you have a whole new set of problems.

I'm not overly concerned about the car and he is going to provide the report when I picked it up from him.

I just found it strange to not persist the information about the ad while removing contact details.

Advertisement