Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skylake CPU for motherboard BIOS update in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 27-03-2017 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks,

I've only gone and bought a new motherboard and CPU without realising the motherboard wouldn't work out of the box without a BIOS upgrade. It's easy, says the manufacturer, just use a Skylake CPU to upgrade. If you don't have one, just take it to any local PC shop and they'll do it for you.

So I've called a bunch of PC repair shops in the city, but none of them have CPUs so they can't do it.

Does anyone know of a shop in the city that would be willing to do this?
    Would it be too much to hope there might even be a generous soul who would be willing to loan me theirs for an hour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kelervin wrote: »
    Would it be too much to hope there might even be a generous soul who would be willing to loan me theirs for an hour?

Has happened on here before ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Must be ancient stock to still have this problem, anything with firmware from last 2 years should work. I had this issue several years ago but was able to resolve it by flashing from usb stick (without a cpu wow).

Advertisement