Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Ireland know anything about Affiliate Marketing?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Hi there,

If you want to share the course with us we could prob give some feedback on it.

I'm an SEO guy just getting into affiliate marketing. I only really started a few weeks ago and so far I've made around €150 - just from one FB post :) It's really about 3 things imo:

-Building an audience and networking with your contacts
    -Adding value. Value, value, value!
    -Referrals - not just applicable to products but also services

I may make the meet up, sounds good anyway!

From an SEO perspective yes it is partly all about what you say. 95% of individual affiliates work with Paid Traffic... they're all too impatient for SEO to kick in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    From an SEO perspective yes it is partly all about what you say. 95% of individual affiliates work with Paid Traffic... they're all too impatient for SEO to kick in! :D

Haha yep! There's a huge number of people out there working with paid traffic, driving to their offers. And that's just people in general re SEO, not just affiliates :D All about the long game...but people don't want to hear that shock horror :pac:

Hey Everyone,

So the Meetup is soldout which is great news. Should have about 25-30 people there. Looking forward to it, will send out an email blast tomorrow.

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

So the Meetup is soldout which is great news. Should have about 25-30 people there. Looking forward to it, will send out an email blast tomorrow.

1 more space available now due to Cancellation.

Register Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dublin-affiliate-marketing-meetup-tickets-37868334207

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭laurie88

Glad that this platform type of business has interest. I believe that it will be the norm one day to do business this way and not the way it is now, attached with stigma and scam.
    Business to watch both here in the UK and Ireland is Isagenix, a health and Nutrition company. You all can look it up and make your own assumptions. It's not as much an affiliate company as it is Network Marketing. In perspective, it's very similar.
    However there is another company that I am well aware of that is soley an Affiliate Marketing based company that I'm involved with that is geared to change the whole game. It's still in Beta mode; but consider this,
    Imagine not having to deal with SEO, generating leads, creating websites, links etc
    Think about being linked to online merchants like Ebay, Amazon, Hotels.com, Nike, E Toro, William Hill and tons more
    Once we are ready to launch on both Stock exchanges and going live with ALL our platforms, I would be ready to tell anyone more should there be interest.
    Cheers

• Advertisement

laurie88 wrote: »
    Business to watch both here in the UK and Ireland is Isagenix, a health and Nutrition company. You all can look it up and make your own assumptions. It's not as much an affiliate company as it is Network Marketing. In perspective, it's very similar.

As far as I can tell this seems to be the exact same business model as those horrible Bastards Herbalife in US. I would stray away from working on anything as such as this. Watch "Betting on Zero" Netflix documentary to see the hidden underbelly of this business model. Horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

laurie88 wrote: »
    It's still in Beta mode; but consider this,
    Imagine not having to deal with SEO, generating leads, creating websites, links etc
    If you're running a business and imagining not having to do something as basic and fundamental as marketing you need to look at yourself and ask some serious questions.

There are all sorts of situations where being able to generate additional sales through affiliate schemes, referral schemes, all sorts of multi channel selling propositions is fantastic (and what I'd imagine Eoin would have been talking about at his meetup).... but if someone is pitching a new affiliate offering as being a replacement for all of the basic marketing work a business NEEDS to do then it's going to fail horribly.

Nobody will take it seriously as that's quite obviously and irrefutably a flawed proposition. I obviously can't comment on the business itself, but a description of it of that nature sets off every possible red flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HarryJD1

Hey Eoin & all 😀

Great post. I'm rarely on Boards even though I know it's a good resource.
    Anyway, I'm quite familiar with A.M. and native Irishman 😄

I'm involved in Internet business. Retail/sales, marketing etc. Presently I'm building a business into a company with Enterprise Ireland in retail sales.
    I have been researching A.M. For a while now. I've got a lot of patience so carrying out comprehensive research and I'm just about to kick it off right now on website, S.M., cross-promote etc.

Overall I Am very much dedicated to the whole ball game and on it full on. I know it will grow huge for me, I have no doubt even in the back of my mind ... so the hard part is already done ðŸ˜

As for A.M., in my scope, experience, training I clearly see its absolutely booming globally. Affiliate marketing is like everything in one way.
    Most ppl are caught up in the daily grind and feel they've no time for anything else. It takes specific characteristics to fully dedicate and commit consistently.

That's exactly where I'm at. Here's one A.M. guide . . .

DO learn how to affiliate market utilising following, exposure, product choice, the right tools, correct funnels, trusted resources etc.

DON'T get an affiliate link, post it somewhere and wait/hope for sales. It won't happen 😲

Being open, networking, making aquaintances, business partners, helping eachother etc are things I always do, it's just a staple fundamental.

Get back to me here, ya can reach me as below and let's make this happen!

J.D.

Facebook com/ harryjdtate

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HarryJD1

"I WANT MY BLOODY SMILEYS TO APPEAR!" :-}

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

IM back.. and I am just starting to get stuck back into affiliate marketing. Looking at YouTube, series of videos, that sort of thing.

It's for different cryptocurrency markets/platforms, so nothing really local, but hoping it works out and I get some people using my affiliate links.

• Advertisement
Advertisement