Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10.12.4 is out!

• 27-03-2017 6:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Includes Night Shift for Mac.

1.56GB for me and downloading v e r y s l o w l y.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Downloading too. Yep, VERY slow. :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

3-4 restarts and a long ass progress bar later and it's finally installed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

iOS 10.3 got a new file system (APFS). Be interesting to see when the Mac gets it. Hopefully 10.13, but it's a big change so may take longer. HFS+ is pretty antiquated at this stage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Installed alright, 2-3 restarts. Have been looking forward to Night Shift as I like it on tablet/phone, etc. Seems to be on earlier than I wanted today or else it didn't knock itself off after 7am. Dunno, was at work. Fixable, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I definitely prefer flux to night shift. Night shift looks very blue even at it's warmest. There's also a post on the flux forums about the amount of blue light both implementations hide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Yes, it is available on Mac App Store. But I would like to wait for some time to see the reviews about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is there anything else there to compel an immediate update or would it be ok to wait while ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

How long did the update take to install for everyone else for about two hours now it's been stuck near the end of the progress bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

shanec1928 wrote: »
    How long did the update take to install for everyone else for about two hours now it's been stuck near the end of the progress bar.

Mine was about 20 minutes from start to finish yesterday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

tallpaul wrote: »
    shanec1928 wrote: »

Mine was about 20 minutes from start to finish yesterday evening.

Mine too but it had already downloaded in the background.

Not a fan of nightshade so not really much there to excite me.

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm still on 10.11.6, the last El Capitan release. Have seen nothing that particularly interests me about Sierra, so not bothered with the upgrade. I might take another look once they release the new apple file system on it.

Advertisement