Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Café One Week Ban.

Options
  • 27-03-2017 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the delay,as the otherworld intruded.

I have been banned from PCafé by Stenho,for Posting Off Topic and "Constantly" derailing the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=14233649

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=14235097

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=14235135

As can be seen,the moderator is very clear in their belief,which is also supported by infractions given to me earlier in the same thread,by another Mod,For Reals.

The thread title relates to the current Migration Crisis in and around the EU,including Ireland.
    As most will appreciate this topic is constantly evolving and expanding in scope.
    However,it is my contention that the Moderators Interpretation of the Thread Charter is also continually evolving,but in the opposite manner,ie: there is now a constant contraction process which is seen,by some posters,as intended to restrict and narrow the scope of discussion.

The relevant posts for my current ban are #1777,1778,1779 which revolve around the London attack and the rationality of maintaining increased vigilance for potentially radicalized migrants into Ireland,wherever their country of origin.

There also appears to be a Moderators belief that I am anti-Islam (Islamophobic ?, to use the current fashionable term) due to the nature of my posts in this thread.
    However,since the entire Migration process involves the movement of large numbers of Muslims into non-Muslim societies,attempting to ignore this reality would contribute little to any rational discussion,particularly as it IS an issue closely associated with the Thread Title.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/08/europes-fear-of-muslim-immigration-revealed-in-widespread-survey.html

PM'ing the mods,as required,simply resulted in a brusque "take it to drp" with little apparent willingness to consider any other point of view.

Anyway,here I am,and there it is.....where do we go from here ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi, AlexSmart, I'll take a look at this for you.

Could you double check the hyperlinks in your post as they aren't working for me? And also forward on the pm exchanges between you and the mods relating to this ban?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can't link directly to PMs, you'll need to either post them on thread or forward them to the cmods involved.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

OP, could you forward the pm's to me please, thanks. :)

Thank's for the PM's over the weekend AlexSmart.

You were aware that the perpetrator of that attack was identified as a British citizen and not an immigrant on the post that was actioned by the mod. You were infracted previously and it was discussed with the mod at the time not to drag in individual Muslims for the sole purpose of discussion of their crimes into the thread as it was derailing and off topic. So it seems that there is no reason that he be linked to a EU immigration discussion, given he was British, and you were doing what you were specifically asked not to do by a mod previously.

In addition, there was a mod warning in the opening post, the title of the thread edited to highlight the mod warning, and post 477 sets out that there will be instant bans handed out for off topic posting.

The mods have made it clear in this and in previous incarnations of this thread what the parameters of the thread are. They are there to keep the thread on track, to try and keep the discussion going for the enjoyment of all posting and to prevent it going off topic like the previous threads did. However this is a feedback issue, rather than a DRP so I'll leave it there.

I'm afraid I don't see any basis for reducing or overturning your week ban in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response to CMod ruling. Marking as Resolved.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement