Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Business School springboard courses

Options
  • 27-03-2017 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm thinking of applying for the Hdip in Science in Data Analytics starting in April. Does anyone have any opinions on these ICT conversion courses? I have contacted DBS and they sent me some info but it's not very detailed. I have a Maths/Stat degreee, no computer science experience, but keen to learn. I just to make sure it's a decent qualification that might get me back to work; I don't want to waste my time if it's substandard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

All such courses need to be validated by the QQI, so should be of a similar standard.

As to whether or not it gets you a job, well no course can make that promise. However, with your background, you are exactly the type of person this course is aimed at.

Also, I would double-check the course is actually starting in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

According to their website it's starting 10th April. It would be great to hear from anyone that did this course or one of the other ICT conversion courses there, just to get some insider opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

According to their website it's starting 10th April.

I would still check with them. The call for Springboard+ courses closed last Friday. So unless the 10th of April course is from a previous Springboard submission (and it is quite possible it is), it may be a typo.

Advertisement