Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child minder cost

Options
  • 27-03-2017 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello,

I would like to have some details in regards to the cost of a child minder.
    Also what are the differents minders for babies?

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

t depends on where you are.
    www,childminding.ie have done surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yep think it depends on your area. Where I am it's 30 eur per day/20 per half day in general with most childminders. I'm outside Dublin. Friends in Dublin pay 5 eur per hour per child but not sure if that's 'normal'.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

800pm for full time, 40 euro a day if it is only a few days and 50 if it is occasional or 1 day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cerise5

Moonbeam wrote: »
    800pm for full time, 40 euro a day if it is only a few days and 50 if it is occasional or 1 day.
    Thanks Moonbeam! In what area do you pay 800 per month?
    What are the hours?

I would really love to go back to work, but I used to work in Dublin and I heard many times it would be around 1400 euros pm. This is an issue for me as I am afraid to have again to do long working hours, and my salary was not high at all. So I would love to have more information. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

We pay €45 per day, four days a week for our one year old and €25 per afternoon(after Montessori) for our four year old. We are not in Dublin though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Also not in Dublin and the standard for childminders here is 30 for a full day and 20 for a half. It’s only when I read about prices in other places I realize it’s fairly “cheap” here, esp when you start having to pay for more than one child.

Thank you for this information! Where do you live both of you? Maybe I should consider to move somewhere else. What are the time your little ones are spending in the childcare? :-)

I am also wondering if there is any support for childminder or any taxe back?

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭fits

They are talking about introducing support for Childminder’s in the Home. I live in a rural area also and rates are nothing like dublin. It’s like a different country tbh.

Yeah it is what I thaught, everyone should leave Dublin at that rate ;-). It's strange there is no more help with all the taxe we pay.

Thanks a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

We currently pay €100 a week (4 days) for after school care with childminder. My son is 6. Have not negotiated a Summer time price. What would the norm be? We are in Meath.

Thanks

Advertisement