Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 LG TVs

Options
  • 27-03-2017 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Might be a stupid question but I have 2 LG TVs beside each other and one remote keeps turning both on etc for changing channels. Any way to solve this without buying another make of TV?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If one is a smart TV then use your phone to control them. If one TV is only used as a viewer for satellite then set that TV to power up on HDMI

Check the manuals. Some satellite receivers allow you give a number from one to four , but you would need two remotes.

Get some polaroid filter and put on TV and remote
    normal horizontal filters means the main TV would work while horizontal, the other when you turn the remove sideways

use a piece of cardboard to block off direct viewing of one TV receiver, so you have to bounce the signal off the wall or ceiling to control it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Thanks for the info here!

Both of the TVs appear to be IR and I was wondering would it be possible to get 1/2 universal remotes or is that futile as they are both operated by IR?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info here!

Both of the TVs appear to be IR and I was wondering would it be possible to get 1/2 universal remotes or is that futile as they are both operated by IR?
    Unless the TVs use different codes both remotes will control both TV's.

You could also try the circular polaroid from 3D glasses , and IIRC bouncing off a wall will reverse the polarity so in theory you could use one remote for two.

Advertisement