Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist dies - Templeville Road.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Ah jebus. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I pushed my bike past on my commute home as obviously the road was closed to traffic. Very shocking to see and something I'll remember it for a while. The police on the scene told me it looked bad and I could see why.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    Ah jebus. RIP

Independent now confirm that the lady has died.

RIP. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

Very sad news yet again, seems all too frequent these days. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Very sad news RIP

4th cyclist to be killed in the last 2 weeks. Serious questions now need to be asked about protecting cyclists and making cycling safe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this is just depressing. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

More awful news. :(

Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Terrible news..RIP condolences to her family & friends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

RIP and condolences to all that know and love her. I am just sick about this. I know a bit more about this than is published. (my brother was on the scene). I grew up here and hearing it just numbed me.

4 too many!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

RIP. Such awful news.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Condolences to family and friends, said more times than should heave been the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Awful news. RIP the cyclist and condolences to her family and friends.

And as others have said, these deaths are more than reason for proper cycling infrastructure.

Should the thread title be changed to reflect the fact that our sister of the road has died?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

RIP. Another tragic and unnecessary death.

Thoughts are with her family and also the driver who is also a victim here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

RIP. Condolences to her family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

<snip>

RIP. As a cyclist and a truck driver my heart breaks everytime I hear of these incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭positron

RIP, my thoughts are with the family, what a sad situation to be in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RIP and condolences to this ladys family and friends. :(

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

<snip>We can all agree that there are far too many cycling casualties on Irish roads, <snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please do not discuss possible causes/contributory factors in this thread

Thanks

RIP

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Cheeses Christ what's happening out there :(

R.I.P. to her, and condolences to her family and friends.
    I'm getting the fear every time I see a thread like this.
    Horrendous times for all involved and connected with recent tragedies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

Can't believe it, terrible news. What the hell is going on!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Ah not again. These threads are far too frequent this year. May she rest in peace. Stay safe out there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just read this now...when I heard of the road closures had an awful feeling it was another cyclist. Devastating news.

R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Awful to hear stay safe out there guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

<snip>

R.I.P.
    Condolences to the victims family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

As much as i find the photo in the Indo tasteless (it shows the accident scene with the bike in place), the truck is actually in the on road cycle lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    As much as i find the photo in the Indo tasteless (it shows the accident scene with the bike in place), the truck is actually in the on road cycle lane.

Aside from seeing the where the bike ended up and how terrible it must be for family to see such a picture, I also find it tasteless because it suggests the truck was in the cycle lane at the time of the accident which, without being there, we cannot be sure of at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

RIP

For someone new to cycling and who lives nearby this sent shivers down my spine. So much sad news lately, maybe it's always like this and I wasn't aware...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Went past this on my way home last night. Looked extremely bad, truck was pulled on the road, guards everywhere! Made me feel fairly afraid cycling into work today.

Advertisement