Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist dies - Templeville Road.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

hinault wrote: »
    Templeville Road has a cycling lane.

That means nothing.
    If anything, a cycle lane in Ireland almost puts the cyclist in more danger as to how they are designed and planned here, and how many other motorists react / drive around them.

Anyway - this is awful news and is seemingly getting all too common these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 floodser

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

may she RIP
    micar wrote: »
    Very sad news RIP

4th cyclist to be killed in the last 2 weeks.

all in Dublin ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,668 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Pat Kenny talking right now re protecting cyclists.

Too late for unfortunates already gone but hopefully there will be changes or real improvments.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

More awful news :( RIP to this poor woman and condolences to her family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Pat Kenny talking right now re protecting cyclists.

Too late for unfortunates already gone but hopefully there will be changes or real improvments.

Full of assholes texting in about how they pay 'road tax' and cycling 3 abreast bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭positron

Indo photo is painful to look at - I'm conflicted about it really, perhaps that is indeed the right photo to convey the seriousness of the situation into the right people, shame it came at such great cost to multiple families. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

fryup wrote: »
    all in Dublin ??

Three in Dublin, one in Bunratty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

fryup wrote: »
    may she RIP

all in Dublin ??

No, though 3 of 4 were in Dublin. This one last week was in Clare, another was Patrick's Street in Dublin, obviously this poor woman (may she RIP), and I think the 4th is this one near the Phoenix Park just over 2 weeks ago.

Fairly sobering, considering 2 of the 4 incidents were on roads I commute on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

positron wrote: »
    Indo photo is painful to look at - I'm conflicted about it really, perhaps that is indeed the right photo to convey the seriousness of the situation into the right people, shame it came at such great cost to multiple families. RIP.

I agree, there is too much red tape and brushing under the carpet in this country, it's the same with suicide. We aren't allowed to talk about it.

Now roll on the usual suspects to say it's too soon to be talking about this in this thread. However, in a week when it's ok to talk about this on here it will be too late, because no one will care, it will just be a stat, a number or another hashtag for the next victim.

RIP to the poor girl who had to go the way she did.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Andy Magic wrote: »
    Now roll on the usual suspects to say it's too soon to be talking about this in this thread. However, in a week when it's ok to talk about this on here it will be too late, because no one will care, it will just be a stat, a number or another hashtag for the next victim.
    To be clear it is completely disrespectful and inconsiderate to talk about it in this thread. If you wish to start a thread about wider safety issues then do so. This thread is for expressing condolences for the victim of this tragic incident and nothing else. Any questions please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

RIP, and sincere sympathies to the victims family and friends. The number of cycling fatalities so close to home in the last month is truly worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

positron wrote: »

I would say in this case I agree.

We are all very sensitive to it. The average punter isn't, doesn't notice the headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Passed by the roundabout today, there's a lamppost covered in flowers left for the cyclist. Very sad to see.
    Hoping all involved find some peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

RIP. Dangerous conditions out there recently. Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Searchers

Condolences and RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Poor woman, really sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Only just seen this now as been offline for a few days.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

The family and the media have not released the name, I am not sure we should either until we know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I think she was named on RTE2 just now During the Dundalk V Drogheda match. I didn't catch it. Dundalk's left back, Dane Massey apparently came across the accident and administered CPR. He's wearing a black armband for the match in respect.

RIP. Senseless waste of life.

• Advertisement

There's a go fund me going around on facebook receiving very little attention for support for her family in Spain,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Kablamo! wrote: »
    There's a go fund me going around on facebook receiving very little attention. Apparently it's to send her home to her family in Spain. Very sad.

Could you link to the gofundme? I'd like to contribute

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just be sure to check the go fund me is genuine before contributing.

There are nasty people on the internet willing to exploit situations like this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Please be careful before contributing to this GoFundMe. The girl was cremated and her ashes are to be scattered in a favourite spot in Wicklow.

I'd always be cautious about these things myself but it's being shared by her work colleagues on facebook so I'd imagine it's fairly above board? Anyway, people have been depositing more and more flowers, mass cards, photographs and ribbons and they're now covering two lampposts across the road from each other.
    Saw a mother and a toddler laying a bunch of daffodils earlier, it was very sweet.

After closer inspection, the gofundme appears to be to send financial aid to her family in Spain. I can't edit my original post to show that, if a mod could that would be excellent. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Advertisement