Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shores Hardwood Garden Furniture

• 27-03-2017 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I've been looking at buying some new garden furniture saw this ONE http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/jakarta-wooden-patio-set-5pc-318991 today at my local B&M Store. The pack says It's made of
    “Responsibly Sourced Shorea Hardwood" trouble is I've no knowledge of this wood.

I picked up from Google that it is a hardwood and it does seem to be used in garden furniture and that in many ways it is similar to teak. So in theory it should do the job well and there seems to be little maintance involved

On the other hand a 50% reduction at the beginning of the season makes me wonder; though it does seem common practise to offer these types of discounts on mass produced furniture. That kind of discount sends up 'beware' signals to me

B&M quality for this type of product I'm not to sure off 🀔 Would appreciate some feedback. At £200 it seems a decent enough price if there is any quality in it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Interesting. It seems to be a mahogany with similar properties to teak. At that price it is a bargain - for real teak you could quadruple the price. Buying wooden garden furniture is something of a lottery - I had a set from Woodies which just rotted away after about five years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Grueller

Had a set here too from a local hardware. Bought at end of season down from €850 to €300. Table and 6 chairs. Always put in at seasons end and two coats of teak oil every year. Rotted away after 6 years regardless. A teak substitute also.

Advertisement