Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Radio with Bluetooth

Options
  • 27-03-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello,

Anyone know of any bargains going for a car radio with bluetooth ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi,

Haven't seen any in Aldi or Lidl for a while.
    Halfords have entry level Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood & Panasonics for less than €90 and will fit them for €30 (approx.) if required.
    Argos have a Bush for around €100.
    Otherwise its local dealer or ebay or amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

This is a great kit.

http://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalog/thb_bury_cc9048_bluetooth_car_kit.html

Comes with a look that makes it easy to fit and uses the car speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/category.asp?m=&c=2709&brandfilter=&features=9&sort_by_price=ASC&pageItem=12

These are a good crowd to deal with
    Always have sales. And you may find a better exchange rate from your bank today due to triggering of Brexit 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

ted1 wrote: »
    This is a great kit.

http://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalog/thb_bury_cc9048_bluetooth_car_kit.html

Comes with a look that makes it easy to fit and uses the car speakers

Not what the OP is looking for, I suspect. This assumes your radio is already bluetooth enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭jace_da_face

I suppose it depends on what you think is a bargain bit I did just buy a Pioneer MVH-390BT in Halfords for €83. Just installed it and Bluetooth works really well with my phone. Spotify and Apple Music streaming is great. The unit is light and only half depth as I didn't opt for the CD model.

• Advertisement

Have to agree with jace da face - €83 is good value for a pioneer (Generally Halfords will have harness or cables if you need them (for stick or steering wheel controls).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

I suppose it depends on what you think is a bargain bit I did just buy a Pioneer MVH-390BT in Halfords for €83. Just installed it and Bluetooth works really well with my phone. Spotify and Apple Music streaming is great. The unit is light and only half depth as I didn't opt for the CD model.

Cn you make & take calls also with this model? I've seen some that allow bluetooth music but not calls

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭jace_da_face

Yes you can make/ take calls. It comes with a Microphone that is attachable to your dash or visor, and connects with a 10 foot cable. The unit will sync with your phone contacts and has a button for accepting/ initiating calls etc.. If you have an iPhone, the Pioneer also has Siri integration.

I did initiate a call from my phone that was already connected over Bluetooth to the Pioneer and got clear audio over my speaker. As I didn't have the mic connected it was only one way. I don't think I plan to use it for this purpose myself. I've just installed in the back of a campervan for entertainment only, so accessing the front panel to take calls whilst driving would not be a runner. Maybe I'll investigate hands free accepting of calls using Siri and perhaps then I could use it for calls whilst on the move.

So far, I have to say I like the unit.

You should call in to Halfords (or other shop). Look at the models, ask the questions (phone, stream, work with phone model, fit car, any extra cables required etc). Price the model you like and see can you get it cheaper anywhere else.

What tyre of car have you got? You may have to install a facia panel. Halfords have a database and can explain what's required for each car model.

Advertisement