Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When's the last time you cried?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Saturday night because I "broke up" with a friend of mine who id have a very complicated friendship with and when I was full of vodka and wine and shots I called time on it. I was very upset Saturday night and Sunday but I was only crying on Sunday because I was so hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Paddington. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

1989, when my first child was born, and again four years later when my da died.

I'll be good for another outburst again soon, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

When I got the call that my dad had died. I knew it was coming and I hadn't cried before or after, although I was very closed to it at the viewing. But despite expecting it, the tears had started before I realised they were coming.

Damn near did today due to sheer months-long frustration and exhaustion with an ongoing problem at work. Put my foot down finally today and bunged off a couple of emails that really needed it but I felt my voice judder a bit when I commented on something while I was writing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ShMLK

Today while watching a Spanish movie called " All about my mother".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Last evening, my daughter showed me a trailer for Wonder and the tears started-big, soft eegit that I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bambi985 wrote: »
    I have been weeping like a small child all week, mainly hormone-related but everything is setting me off.

I watched a cancer Netflix doc last night about the lad who played Spartacus (rookie move, ROOKIE MOVE :eek:) and I nearly had to be sedated, wailing like a banshee for a good ten minutes after it ended.

It's fascinating coz usually I'm a stoic stone of a human, zero fecks given typa gal, but pills and hormones and all that. Definitely NOT pregnant before someone goes there.

So are you a blubber or do you tend to "cry on the inside" usually? Anyone else had a good cry of late?

Congrats, when are you due?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Pressured job or non pressured job, definitely not. If your crying over work something is very wrong and you should be moving on.

Interesting to see that I'm not the only one. Found it difficult to fight the emotions recently at work, just way too much sh*t going on. Had the same at my previous job. Left after 1 year. I really like the company and colleagues at this job, but sometimes just hate the work itself. Dealing with customers (not the public) etc. Can't even think about leaving this one, didn't work for 8 months last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

two years ago when my 8 years old labrador died with cancer
    More than a week in tears and took so soon as possible a new lab to get over it and it worked

• Advertisement
Advertisement