Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

My original was a bit worse than Mad_Lad's comment, but I had the presence of mind to edit it out :p

But being serious, of course it's a big car and parking will be daunting if you're not used to it. From my own experience, people (M or F) get used to this very quickly though. Personally I was never very good at parallel parking until I bought my BMW 7-series back nearly 20 years ago. The size of the car forced me to be precise and to hone my parking skills. It didn't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

I refer to my first post.

Any takers?

Haha what did I say that was so bad ?

It's simple really, Husband buys car, Husband Likes it, Wife doesn't, Wife wants a different car, grand, then tell her to pay for it.

It's madness really to take a possible hit on the price because of that.

Getting tired of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Getting tired of this.

Welcome to communist EV boards. Your opinions are our opinions. Only opinions approved by the party will be accepted :)

No one can tell you which way prices are going. No one knows how much (if any) of a recession we’ll experience. No one knows how that recession will impact people who are in the market for cars like the Model S. No one knows what the introduction of import duty after Brexit will have on the market for second hand cars. As time goes on, you’ll see second hand Model 3s hit the market which will probably be a drag on S prices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Getting tired of this.

Best to do a proper ad.
    Proper details with options and photos.

There’s a dedicated for sale thread in this forum also.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Getting tired of this.

After 24 hours it seems like no biters. What more do you want? Did you post the ad on Donedeal today like you mentioned?

Tired of people ****ing on about my life.

For god's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Tired of people ****ing on about my life.

For god's sake.

I presume this is you;

OThiM2M1MzY4NjIxZDUyNWU4OTYxNWU5NWM4MmRlYzMaRm_NJty0CJN4IndT5wjwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTAwNDE1MDJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-s-70d-152-103000km-great-history/25208949

I'd say it'd be worth taking some better pictures for the ad, as some of them are a bit blurry.

Also, your in Clontarf, drive somewhere nice and scenic close by and take the photo’s there, make the car look as desirable as possible.

I presume this is you;

OThiM2M1MzY4NjIxZDUyNWU4OTYxNWU5NWM4MmRlYzMaRm_NJty0CJN4IndT5wjwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTAwNDE1MDJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-s-70d-152-103000km-great-history/25208949

I'd say it'd be worth taking some better pictures for the ad, as some of them are a bit blurry.

Don't be ****ting on about his photography skills!

But I do agree, shocking pics when you're looking for over 38k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cars on grass evokes images of the cars in a field ads you used to see

As the other poster said take it somewhere nice and take decent pics

Beshoff and Lewis motors I think for some inspiration

I presume this is you;

Also, your in Clontarf, drive somewhere nice and scenic close by and take the photo’s there, make the car look as desirable as possible.

Resist the urge to take photos with two wheels in the water! It’s not a Civic and you’re not in Donegal.

I presume this is you;

Resist the urge to take photos with two wheels in the water! It’s not a Civic and you’re not in Donegal.

Right sorry for taking the piss about your missus but I think the car is a bit pricy for the battery, mileage and no ap.

We’re in a big recession and you got to price to reflect this and I guarantee if you drop the price to 30-32 k there’ll be a lot more folk here interested. I might have been only I’m still locked in pcp.

Have you had anyone contact you about it ?

Even drop the price to 35k and take 32 k cash.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202005119274897

The wheel pic... the tyre brand.... for shame. Teslas have enough torque to warrant quality tyres, nevermind when it's a performance model.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Overpriced in any case

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Overpriced in any case

What makes you say that? The cheapest Model S 85 are about GBP30k, this Performance is GBP32.5k (and probably very high spec like most early performance - air suspension, probably dual chargers, super high fidelity audio, free supercharging for life, fee premium connectivity for life)

Get it for about GBP32k or slightly over and you'd have it on Irish plates for well under EUR36k, probably no VRT. Bit of a bargain in my book...

I know a certain poster above me is going to slate me for this, but it's renewal time and while my quote for the Ioniq was great (perhaps until I need to claim), Liberty don't quote for Teslas at all. If I were to buy one, they'd send my details to their underwriters and get me a quote, but if I didn't like the quote, there'd potentially be a €50 cancelation fee.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I know a certain poster above me is going to slate me for this, but it's renewal time and while my quote for the Ioniq was great (perhaps until I need to claim), Liberty don't quote for Teslas at all. If I were to buy one, they'd send my details to their underwriters and get me a quote, but if I didn't like the quote, there'd potentially be a €50 cancelation fee.

Any work group schemes?
    Professional membership schemes like Engineers Ireland etc?

I’m through a work scheme with Allianz. Top policy, other cars fully comp, business use, 3 claims without effecting NCB and glass cover etc

€283 on the P85+ and I actually got €30 further refund due to COVID!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Gumbo wrote: »
    Any work group schemes?

I’m through a work scheme with Allianz. Top policy, other cars fully comp, business use, 3 claims without effecting NCB and glass cover etc

thats excellent!

• Advertisement

Gumbo wrote: »
    Any work group schemes?

Thats ridiculously good!

Not in engineers Ireland no, and nothing through work, though I might ring my house insurance broker and see. I thought my €399 on the ioniq was good! :o

Funny though, both liberty and allianz sales agents were clueless about Tesla. Like they'd never heard of them. Liberty asked what litre engine it was. Allianz asked was it a plug in or full electric.

Allianz asked was it a plug in or full electric.

Who also would not quote for Teslas. Said they don't insure them. I used this ad to get a reg, which would be near enough what i'd be looking at. Odd

I was mid-policy with Liberty when I bought my current car. They wouldn’t quote me on a Tesla at all so they waived the cancellation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I got a quote with Liberty for my Tesla. Now it was a ridiculous quote of 1500 but they do insure teslas

Allianz and liberty both say no. Broker said 750 from RSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Tesla is reducing the warranty on the refurbished units, which doesnt inspire confidence.

Why specifically call out the MCU and give it a reduced warranty? ... not good!

https://electrek.co/2020/07/04/tesla-updates-warranty-problematic-media-unit-touchscreen/

With the extra features around sentry mode, dog mode, FSD etc, the system is on alot more and hence more likely to burn out.

Some interesting reader comments at the end of that article as well where a guy seems to understand the issue in fine detail... maybe a service technician of some kind.... again, doesnt inspire confidence.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That one's going to be an interesting one to watch

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

KCross wrote: »
    Tesla is reducing the warranty on the refurbished units, which doesnt inspire confidence.

Why specifically call out the MCU and give it a reduced warranty? ... not good!

It's been reduced from 4 years to 2 years. But the specific warranty is still longer than the standard for parts at 1 year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

jhegarty wrote: »
    It's been reduced from 4 years to 2 years. But the specific warranty is still longer than the standard for parts at 1 year.

Its a $2500 part though to upgrade to MCU2... not a door handle! And its something that takes time to die. It wont die in 2 years but could very well die in 4.... and its also limited to 25,000 miles, whichever comes first, so will be less than 2 years for some people.

I guess the point is that Tesla dont trust it themselves otherwise they wouldnt have specifically called it out.

All Im saying is that it doesnt inspire confidence. Usually Tesla were of the mindset to replace things for free and put the customer first.... they seem to be behaving a bit differently on this one.

• Advertisement

It's not really relevant in Ireland. Warranty periods given by suppliers don't mean anything. If you have the MCU replaced you can reasonably expect it to work for much longer than 2 years. If I got one replaced and paid for it and it failed out of the 2 years warranty (say after 3 years) and the company would refuse to fix it free of charge (after me urging them several times to reconsider), I'd go straight to the small claims court who will find in my favour with a 99% probability.

Advertisement