Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

slave1 wrote: »
    Lol, 1%, now that rimming it, thankfully you knew you were going to a multi-stall location

Was supposed to stop at ionity gormanston but we’re working on them... you can always rely on Tesla. Did both of those 1% in same day really started to get a feel for the car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Smck1983 wrote: »
    Did both of those 1% in same day really started to get a feel for the car!!

I guess you did. And you must have balls of steel! :D

The only way I can see myself get to a supercharger at 1% is to keep driving very small circles around it and pull in the second it goes down from 2% to 1% :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

unkel wrote: »
    I guess you did. And you must have balls of steel! :D

The only way I can see myself get to a supercharger at 1% is to keep driving very small circles around it and pull in the second it goes down from 2% to 1% :o

Was doing 32 counties in 24hrs and learned a lot About the car. The graph in the car is very accurate and you could see how many km would be left. That being said I would be lying if I didn’t say I was nervous!!

Yes the remaining percentage does seem accurate and so does the predicted range left percentage at your arrival using the nav.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Agreed, very accurate in my experience to date

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Tesla do have the best mix of proper display (SOC and rated kms) combined with a really accurate gom.

Actually, I do have a question of SOC, I've had two long trips the last week or so and with the Leaf charging I simple charged the S to 94% the night before and when I came out the following morning, both times the SOC had fallen to 90% (not the typical ~1% I'd expect)...

Have others noticed this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Actually, I do have a question of SOC, I've had two long trips the last week or so and with the Leaf charging I simple charged the S to 94% the night before and when I came out the following morning, both times the SOC had fallen to 90% (not the typical ~1% I'd expect)...

Do you have energy mode enabled and always connected off?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Have you updated recently?
    I find the couple of days before and after an update that the vampire drain is much worse.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Do you have energy mode enabled and always connected off?

Pretty sure yes.
    This has only happened at high SOC overnight, at any other SOC the usage is ~1% daily pretty consistently

• Advertisement

Pretty sure yes.
    This has only happened at high SOC overnight, at any other SOC the usage is ~1% daily pretty consistently

I have to admit I haven’t been monitoring vampire drain.
    I’ve just charged to 98% as I’m out of the office now until Tuesday so most of my
    Driving over the weekend will be covered now :) so I’ll check tonight and in the morning.

Sound, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I believe there is more vampire drain on the older models.

I haven't really measured it but my drain seems to be about 1% per day. Wouldn't call it phantom / vampire drain though, that would indicate something sinister. And nothing funny is going on here, it's just that Teslas are always awake, they never sleep. Which is brilliant, one of the best features of the car imho.

Decent key cover added this week.

€12 on eBay and delivered within a week.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/402266439060

519401.jpeg

519402.jpeg

That's nice, especially if you have a lot of carbon fiber details in your car (like I do)

I don't use a key cover myself though, I just managed to get my original key onto my key hanger

What's the main reason to get the cover?

That's nice, especially if you have a lot of carbon fiber details in your car (like I do)

I don't use a key cover myself though, I just managed to get my original key onto my key hanger

Couldn’t get the original key onto the key ring.
    And with the oem strsp thing, it was dangling a bit too much for me.

Sound, thanks

Parked up at 8.50pm last night with 90%.
    Just checked the app now at 8.30am and I’m at 89%.

So that’s a 1% drain over night.

519414.jpeg

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My unenlightened view would be to take that with a pinch of salt. Had the car just rolled over to 90% it wouldn't take much drain to bring it down to 89%. All negligible though.

PS. 12 hour clock... <twitches>

Decent key cover added this week.

€12 on eBay and delivered within a week.

Couldn’t get the original key onto the key ring.
    And with the oem strsp thing, it was dangling a bit too much for me.

Exact same here, the slot on the keyfob to get a keyring around is very small and not practical, got the exact same cover from AliExpress (took more than a week though!!!!)

• Advertisement

My unenlightened view would be to take that with a pinch of salt. Had the car just rolled over to 90% it wouldn't take much drain to bring it down to 89%. All negligible though.

PS. 12 hour clock... <twitches>

Yeah that’s it.
    And it could have been just about to roll onto 88% :)

I’m a 12 hour clock guy. 24 hour just doesn’t sit with me well :)

Amazing this little comment on the clock.
    I am 100% a 24hr clock guy, can't do with 12hr, herself is total opposite (surprise surprise) but with the Model S Profile setup there's nothing to adjust as it remembers our separate preference on clock format.
    Simple but makes my life so much easier....

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Crazy situation has arose w/ my new Model S LR Raven which I was scheduled to collect this Wednesday.

4 days away from delivery and today I got an email from store manager telling me that my car was somehow assigned to two customers and was delivered to the other customer in the UK. I ordered over 1 month ago when there was 4 of my spec in stock- and kept regular communication with the dealership inc. receiving delivery notification emails.

They've taken full responsibility for the mistake but have said will be Sept before something in my spec will be available, this is not viable since I need a car everyday for work, having just sold my car on Thursday, I can't stress how bad of a situation this has put me in.

I've also had my home charger installed and bought about 400 EUR in accessories. Also, not to be smug but this is my first new car and wanted the 202 Reg in July.

Keen to see how Tesla handle this as no solution has been put forward yet but I've a good mind to approach Audi/Jag/MB. 100K.... you expect better.

Your Raven is simply the best EV on the planet, Tesla didn’t mess up, they fuct up. Don’t despair, give them a chance to make things right, did you get free supercharging or premium connectivity for life? Can they give you a loaner to bridge the gap? Will they pay for rental to bridge the gap?
    I think stick with it as much as I’d be raging right now you did your homework before purchasing so you know this is the car for you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Surely they'll give you a free loaner until the new car arrives?

I’d let them offer something but in all honesty it’s free supercharging or premium connectivity I’d be after...you could look back on this in years to come as the best thing that happened (hopefully)

Got the update this morning to 2020.20.17, just says bug fixes

Got the update this morning to 2020.20.17, just says bug fixes

Got it just now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Your Raven is simply the best EV on the planet, Tesla didn’t mess up, they fuct up. Don’t despair, give them a chance to make things right, did you get free supercharging or premium connectivity for life? Can they give you a loaner to bridge the gap? Will they pay for rental to bridge the gap?
    I think stick with it as much as I’d be raging right now you did your homework before purchasing so you know this is the car for you.....

I'll be surprised if they do anything at all but interested to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

JPA wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if they do anything at all but interested to see

They'll surely offer something. Car due in 4 days and now it's been reallocated to someone in the UK. Free supercharging on the new car and a loaner in the meantime and I'd be relatively happy...

Advertisement