Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

slave1 wrote: »
    Press the stalk once for park, a couple of seconds for “hand” brake, handy to know for NCT

Wait, what!

There’s a separate hand brake?
    So hold it for a few seconds?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yes, and Model S's have failed NCT because neither the NCT staff nor the customer knew how to engage the "hand" brake, sad but true

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Like I never knew for a month or so that if you hold in the boot on the key fob it opens the charge port

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, and Model S's have failed NCT because neither the NCT staff nor the customer knew how to engage the "hand" brake, sad but true
    Thanks, I was today years old when I found out how to!

Just using this today. :)

On another note I don’t seem to be able to activate hold at all.
    So at a red light I must keep my foot on brake.

And then another note, the early cars have the VIN on the windscreen and a small plate on the B pillar. Anyone have any trouble at NCT not accepting the b pillar plate?

• Advertisement

Gumbo wrote: »
    Just using this today. :)

On another note I don’t seem to be able to activate hold at all.
    So at a red light I must keep my foot on brake.

And then another note, the early cars have the VIN on the windscreen and a small plate on the B pillar. Anyone have any trouble at NCT not accepting the b pillar plate?

The VIN can also be directly in front of the drivers seat under the bonnet, you have to remove the large plastic cover at rear of frunk (the one you need to remove to replace the air filter).

Or in my case it was raining so he just took it off the 17" screen:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

From bringing several cars in, I always make sure I know where the VIN is on the chassis so I can show the VRT crowd
    Like I never knew for a month or so that if you hold in the boot on the key fob it opens the charge port

Now that I did not know - every day is a school day :D

I know, I just printed off the latest manual so I can find out what other stuff I should know that I don't.
    It's in your Tesla account and updated as new software is released, you get it by clicking into "Glovebox".
    I had the car over a week before I saw the voice button and only this week did I see the menu button on the right hand side of the steering wheel that allows further use of the right hand side scroll wheel e.g. to open the sunroof

Yeah I use voice all the time. Only reasonably safe way to call someone while driving imho. Pity the voice commands can't yet open the sunroof.

Just read on the FB page a guy who bought a P85D 2 years ago in the UK just had his Ludicrous removed by Tesla!

• Advertisement

There's something I've been meaning to ask for a while re cruise control and autopilot.
    I have it set to -1km/hr and this works well on 120 and 100 zones but when I enter a few 80zones it has 99 greyed out and if I engage either cruise/autopilot it accelerates up to 99km/hr every time and I have to manually bring it back to 79.
    Anyone else observing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Just read on the FB page a guy who bought a P85D 2 years ago in the UK just had his Ludicrous removed by Tesla!
    Yes I saw that. Nonsense.
    I have to admit I wasnt aware there was an 85 with ludicrous, I thought p85Ds got Insane or insane+ and the ludicrous was with the p90d.

Put it back or go to court IMO.

Very rare as those going for L would surely go for the 90 or 100..
    Tesla’s graduation to Ludicrous comes by way of a new battery fuse. The fuse on the P85D’s battery pack melts when a high level of amperage is run through it, creating a performance bottleneck wherein 60 mph is attained in a “mere” 3.1 seconds, according to Tesla. (It should be noted that we’ve been unable to match Tesla’s claim, with our quickest zero-to-60-mph time for the P85D landing at 3.3 seconds.) Eager for more acceleration, Tesla designed a new fuse with “its own electronics and a tiny lithium-ion battery” that can handle 1500 amps versus the 1300 of the old fuse. According to Tesla, this drops the zero-to-60-mph time of the P90D to just 2.8 seconds; the quarter-mile time breaks the 11-second mark at 10.9 seconds. Needless to say, we’re looking forward to trying to verify those times.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes I saw that. Nonsense.
    I have to admit I wasnt aware there was an 85 with ludicrous, I thought p85Ds got Insane or insane+ and the ludicrous was with the p90d.

Put it back or go to court IMO.

I believe it was just a software update and a new fuse.

Coming up to the time where I need to take off my UK plates and put on Irish.
    Had a quick look at the plate holder last night and does not appear the most straightforward, looks like there are two parts and you have to remove outer part to get the licence plate changed.
    I don't want to "snap" it in the wrong direction etc so anyone that has done this have any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Had a quick look at the plate holder last night and does not appear the most straightforward, looks like there are two parts and you have to remove outer part to get the licence plate changed.
    I don't want to "snap" it in the wrong direction etc so anyone that has done this have any tips?

do you have a pic of the plate holder?

I removed the front plate holder as it’s a big curved thing.
    I have plain black plate holders but I removed the front nose cone to fit them as I had to take it off anyway to removed the curved plastic holder thing as it has a clamp holding it in place behind.

Toll Tag Placement.

Where do you guys put it?
    I have it behind the rear view mirror but it didn’t activate today.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Toll Tag Placement.

Where do you guys put it?
    I have it behind the rear view mirror but it didn’t activate today.

On the grey pad just to right of mirror support. Clear glass has a coating which stops it.

On the grey pad just to right of mirror support. Clear glass has a coating which stops it.

Thanks Richard.
    Guys at toll tag mentioned it should be on the black dotted area and that’s to the right alright.

Just in the SC now waiting to collect the car so I’ll move it and test for the journey home.

• Advertisement

So the service took all week? Did you get a loaner for all that time?

unkel wrote: »
    So the service took all week? Did you get a loaner for all that time?

No, service was last week.
    Dropped it back in this morning as I needed a new harness for the drivers seat as the air bag light was intermittent.
    They diagnosed it at the service to a faulty/frayed cable join.

Said it could have been pulled/tugged at, damage from a Hoover at some stage!

Dealer I bought from is covering the repair so part arrived yesterday and they took the car today :)

Just got the Luas to the office then and done a half day there. Keep the bosses happy :D

Just got my wiper replaced. Thought I needed both but it turned out the big one (Bosch) was fairly new and only the small one (no make) was a goner. My local motor factors had a Bosch wiper, EUR15 and he fitted it as well for free. Can't beat that and always good to support a local business.

Well the SC couldn’t finish my car in time so they gave me 2019 M3 SR+ for the weekend :)

I wouldn't have left without either a ludicrous S or X or at the very least a 3 P :D

I wouldn't have left without either a ludicrous S or X or at the very least a 3 P :D

I had 3 options.

151 or 161 S85 or the 19 M3.
    I was looking around for the M3P I had on test drive but it wasn’t there. I would have asked for that!

He even asked me twice, are you sure you want the 3, is it big enough...further proving that Tesla will always the put you in a newer/better version of what you have :)

I said yes of course, now if an SP100d was on offer I’d take that but I don’t mind taking the M3 for the weekend.

It’s nice.
    Plenty quick but not M3P quick of course.
    Doesn’t feel as nice inside as the 192 M3P I had but that could be simply down to wear and tear on a demo car etc

But one thing for sure, I miss my P85 now that I don’t have it :)

Update available for the older folks :)

Correction. Update available for your car. The updates all come at different times for different folks!

Extensive list, for us looks like batter pre warming for Ionity sessions...

https://teslascope.com/teslapedia/software/2020.24.6.11

• Advertisement

Correction. Update available for your car. The updates all come at different times for different folks!

Might be because it was at a house party in the Sandyford SC for 3 days last week :)
    They are best friends now :D

Advertisement