Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm going to make some friends there too next week hopefully :D

I have some updates to make on my service appointment, to make sure they look at all the issues that I have (all of it minor stuff, but might as well be complete). The email confirming the appointment says you can do this in the Tesla app. But it doesn't seem to let me do anything other than book a new service appointment. Anyone try this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

unkel wrote: »

I have some updates to make on my service appointment, to make sure they look at all the issues that I have (all of it minor stuff, but might as well be complete). The email confirming the appointment says you can do this in the Tesla app. But it doesn't seem to let me do anything other than book a new service appointment. Anyone try this?

You can add stuff in through the drop down menu for other etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

When booking the service you select the sub issues and theres a freetext box to add "other"

Make sure you check after that they have done everything. I asked them to look at the low pressure in my tire on the TPMS and they said it was due to cold weather. When I got home and checked, there was a nail in my tire that was causing it.

The location is great with nice coffee and snacks (now this was before covid) but I found the service lacking. I arrived early to have a look around but was instead rushed into handing the car in etc.

ELM327 wrote: »
    When booking the service you select the sub issues and theres a freetext box to add "other"

Make sure you check after that they have done everything. I asked them to look at the low pressure in my tire on the TPMS and they said it was due to cold weather. When I got home and checked, there was a nail in my tire that was causing it.

The location is great with nice coffee and snacks (now this was before covid) but I found the service lacking. I arrived early to have a look around but was instead rushed into handing the car in etc.

Covid is different.
    While I found the service I received was excellent and they went above and beyond for me if I’m honest, there was no snacks and tea machine was out of water :)

But I didn’t hang around. I dropped my car off and ran :)

I know, but I booked the service in weeks ago. I now can no longer add anything to that service in the app. All I can do is book in a new service appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I know, but I booked the service in weeks ago. I now can no longer add anything to that service in the app. All I can do is book in a new service appointment.

I'd just phone it in, select 3 when phoning Sandyford.

Ranger can always do all your small bits n bobs

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

I've had the opposite problem. I've had the car booked in a few times, shown up at the booked time, had to wait 10-15 minutes for someone to become free and then 10-15 minutes for them to check the car, get the paperwork, etc so I could go. Then in the evenings, I got a text saying the car was ready to go but the first time they had only started to clean it, another time there was no-one available to sign the car out for a while and the third time there was a problem generating an invoice so I waited 40 minutes before they told me I could pay by bank transfer later on.

I had my first two mobile services this week. I booked a time (10:30 - 12:30), got an email saying they'd ring to arrange a time with me (why?) and then I got a call saying they were at my door wondering where I was. The second time I got a call to say they would be here in the afternoon for a recall item and then a call ten minutes later saying the part wasn't in stock. This is for a service booking made a week ago and a stock item ordered over a month ago.

Individually they're really nice guys but they're more than a little disorganised. There's no sense or urgency at all.

I have the same problem, posted it on Facebook and no-one could help so I assumed I was the only one.

Thanks for sharing that markpb, it is kind of in line with my expectations. I'll go gentle on them as long as my issues are sorted eventually and every time I go there I get to drive another nice Tesla, I only live a 20 minute drive away. Wouldn't mind a few goes in any X, an S ludicrous or a 3 P, or preferably all of them :D

Thanks for sharing that markpb, it is kind of in line with my expectations. I'll go gentle on them as long as my issues are sorted eventually and every time I go there I get to drive another nice Tesla, I only live a 20 minute drive away. Wouldn't mind a few goes in any X, an S ludicrous or a 3 P, or preferably all of them :D

They’ve a 192 MS Dual Motor Ludicrous on site.
    It was a cancelled order.

It’s for test drives etc and will be sold eventually when a bit mileage is out on it.

Right, so I got my service done today. All issues addressed, headlight bulb was a front bumper off job! Door handle fixed, windscreen nozzles fixed. They read out the data of computer reboots and will interpret it off line. Also they ordered a few parts for the sunroof. There was no charge for any of this.

While I was waiting I extensively test drove Model 3 P, Model X P100 7-seater and Model S P100 Raven with Cheetah launch mode :D

Also have confirmation that Tesla Sandyford do enable AP for all cars with the hardware, for EUR2,100 incl. VAT

And while I was there, the sales guy got a notification that Tesla have a promotion on for CCS conversion for €299 incl. VAT for any model S or X. Now that is just too good to miss, particularly now I've been told that all Supercharger 3 chargers will be CCS only!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Right, so I got my service done today. All issues addressed, headlight bulb was a front bumper off job! Door handle fixed, windscreen nozzles fixed. They read out the data of computer reboots and will interpret it off line. Also they ordered a few parts for the sunroof. There was no charge for any of this.

While I was waiting I extensively test drove Model 3 P, Model X P100 7-seater and Model S P100 Raven with Cheetah launch mode :D

Also have confirmation that Tesla Sandyford do enable AP for all cars with the hardware, for EUR2,100 incl. VAT

And while I was there, the sales guy got a notification that Tesla have a promotion on for CCS conversion for €299 incl. VAT for any model S or X. Now that is just too good to miss, particularly now I've been told that all Supercharger 3 chargers will be CCS only!
    Hi, can you explain please in simple terms the advantage of CCS over Chademo? Faster, easier to use?

Hi, can you explain please in simple terms the advantage of CCS over Chademo? Faster, easier to use?

There are more CCS charge points around Ireland.
    All the new charge points are CCS.
    Ionity are CCS I believe?
    CCS is faster......I think.

The CCS conversion looks appealing now, especially if I sold my boxed chademo adapter to part fund it. Is this something the ranger can or does it have to be done in the SC?

Reason I ask is that they are sending the ranger out to me in a few weeks to replace a piece of dash trim that may have been damaged during my service so could be a worthwhile exercise to get it don’t at that time.

Also, what you think of the M3P, MS100D etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

There’s someone on the Facebook group selling a nearly new (still in box) CHAdeMO adaptor if anyone is in the market for one....

The value of CHAdeMO adapters has just taken a deep dive :p

It's an obsolete standard, max speed 45kW for a Tesla with the cable. Whereas on the CCS conversion you could get about 130-140kW iirc. You will get (the guts of) that on the Tesla chargers, on Ionity chargers, on the new ESB 150kW chargers

@Gumbo - yes, I think a ranger can do it. There are different parts for different cars, so I would ring them tomorrow to book it in. And put your CHAdeMO on eBay asap, before people cop on CCS conversion is now heavily discounted by Tesla. Cable even brand new is worth no more than €100 in my book, but no doubt you will find someone who will pay more for it. They used to go for €250 easily on eBay. Be quick!

Gumbo wrote: »
    Also, what you think of the M3P, MS100D etc?

Model 3 P very, very impressive car for the money. You can drive it insanely fast on twisties in track mode.

Model S P100D Raven is our car, but then perfected. The car drives tighter, has better suspension and feels better made, but I didn't find the interior as much improved as some people report it has, although the seats are better.
    Cheetah launch mode is unreal fast, 0-60 in just a touch over 2s, no Ferrari ever made can touch that, not even their €2 million hypercars

Model Y P100D a bit meh. Great if you have to transport 7 people, just hope you don't need to carry much luggage too. The car is a massive compromise compared to the Model S it is based on. It does a nice dance though and my street cred has gone sky high with the kids in my estate :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Now that is just too good to miss, particularly now I've been told that all Supercharger 3 chargers will be CCS only!

The new CircleK garage that opened in Norway had a CCS only Supercharger station (Bjorn video), it's one of the good things about Tesla, that they have a programme to deprecate the old standard and provide compatibility for older cars at a decent price. Sure beats Nissan claiming that CHAdeMO is still ok for "short distance" cars!
    Model Y P100D a bit meh
    Think you mean the Model X P100D there :p

Yeah typo. I expect the Model Y performance to be much better than the Model X performance :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Good to finally have an answer on this one.

Aye. The sales man wasn't sure. The service man said it could be done and gave me a rough price. I asked was it ok to quote him on social media, so then he went into his system to look it up and he verified the price of €2,100 incl. VAT (should be a little bit cheaper when the VAT rate goes down to 21% soon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Aye. The sales man wasn't sure. The service man said it could be done and gave me a rough price. I asked was it ok to quote him on social media, so then he went into his system to look it up and he verified the price of €2,100 incl. VAT (should be a little bit cheaper when the VAT rate goes down to 21% soon)

Boards is social media? :)

Just joshing you. The lad with the P85D+ with the ludacrous mode been take away has posted not long ago in this thread :) - I think he has light at the end of the tunnel (he got the original upgrade invoice from the previous owner).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Prototype of "Deep Crimson" on Musk's S. Not the best photo, with it being in so much shade, and it supposedly changes depending on the light.

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/1287966900442419202

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Horrible.
    Looks like a middle east color on a supercar.

Gorgeous! :D

The value of CHAdeMO adapters has just taken a deep dive :p

It's an obsolete standard, max speed 45kW for a Tesla with the cable. Whereas on the CCS conversion you could get about 130-140kW iirc. You will get (the guts of) that on the Tesla chargers, on Ionity chargers, on the new ESB 150kW chargers

@Gumbo - yes, I think a ranger can do it. There are different parts for different cars, so I would ring them tomorrow to book it in. And put your CHAdeMO on eBay asap, before people cop on CCS conversion is now heavily discounted by Tesla. Cable even brand new is worth no more than €100 in my book, but no doubt you will find someone who will pay more for it. They used to go for €250 easily on eBay. Be quick!

Ranger out with me this morning.
    Replaced dash panel in 46 seconds :)

Confirmed CCS can be done by himself.
    Philip in the SC mentioned that the €299 is the new price so maybe not just a flash sale?
    Also looked around the car and recommended I remove the drivers side wiper motor and arm as it was beginning to show signs of failure. DIY or SC job :confused:

Gumbo wrote: »
    Philip in the SC mentioned that the €299 is the new price so maybe not just a flash sale?

Hey, it's Tesla. Could still be €299 tomorrow. Or €99. Or €999 :p

I just requested the CCS fit myself. Very good deal at this price level.

Other manufacturers should take note of this. But I guess they won't...

Hey, it's Tesla. Could still be €299 tomorrow. Or €99. Or €999 :p

I just requested the CCS fit myself. Very good deal at this price level.

Other manufacturers should take note of this. But I guess they won't...

Are existing Tesla chargers being fitted with CCS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110296732&postcount=583

• Advertisement

Not just that, the new Tesla Supercharger V3 stations (in Europe) will all be CCS only!

Finding that out last night and the €299 bargain price pushed me over the edge so I ordered the CCS conversion.

Advertisement