Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

Finding that when a touch a "button" on the main screen that i am getting a pixelated square 7cm x 5cm ish for about 1 second and then it disappears - any thoughts?

i have had to reboot (soft and full) the car three times in the last 24hrs for another problem relating to energy/usage info. car was built November 2016 so has the original MCU 1

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Could be nothing, could be an early sign of MCU1 failure. Is your car still under warranty? Tesla service told me that when something like that happens again, make a note of the date and time it happened (as precisely as you can) - they can then read the logs and get more info on what it was that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Probably just a software bug. I've seen stuff like that the odd time. A reboot should clear it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Out and about for a few days and really loving sharing Google Maps trips with the Tesla, a doddle and works seamlessly

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

thanks for the advice, cars already booked into sc wait to see what they say

• Advertisement

Anyone got this done...seems pricey but touching the bonnet to close it OCDs me

https://www.teslaoffer.com/product/model-s-electric-frunk/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

slave1 wrote: »

thats fantastic

would love that on the e-tron :(

I think I'll go for it but not until my warranty expires, if anything goes wrong with 12v battery/frunk area etc then Tesla would (fairly) walk

I wouldn't worry about the warranty. I have my frunk modified so I now have 240V AC power in there. The service department didn't mind at all.

Saw the auto frunk kit, a lot of money. Now if it was the trunk that I use a lot more often and it didn't have auto power / auto close (like Tesla Model 3), then I would consider it. Cool project anyway.

unkel wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about the warranty. I have my frunk modified so I now have 240V AC power in there. The service department didn't mind at all.

Linky?

• Advertisement

To the modification? I just hooked up 110A automotive leads to the jump poles behind the nose cone, routed them into the frunk and hooked up an inverter.

Not long after we had a fairly bad power cut in Lucan (we don't even have one like that every other year normally), I connected a 25m extension cord from the car into my attic and I could still work away from home on my PC :D

Not that I needed the car for that. I also have an 18kWh power wall with an emergency socket that can provide 3kW of power. And I have several ebike batteries (52V nominal) and a 48V inverter that would be more than able to run my PC for several hours.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Would love to as i hate the idea of constantly closing by pressing on the corners, even if Tesla say that's how it should be done!

Pricey for my liking but if i bought new id have it done straight away.
    I'm nearly at the stage now where i keep my "go to" stuff (Site gear, boots etc) in the boot and keep the frunk for occasional use.

All the junk under the bottom of the trunk :p

All the junk under the bottom of the trunk :p

Thats it. Low level plastic containers lined with plastic bags.
    Boots fit in one. Jacket fit in another with my hardhat, googles and nerd clip board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Gumbo wrote: »
    Thats it. Low level plastic containers lined with plastic bags.
    Boots fit in one. Jacket fit in another with my hardhat, googles and nerd clip board :)

As long as you don't try to hide a Rex in there. :p

jhegarty wrote: »
    As long as you don't try to hide a Rex in there. :p

I actually have a few of those. Never brought them with me though but they would give me a few km range :p

Has anyone bought a cubby drawer for under the Centre screen?
    Looking at a few online but they state LHD only.

Ordered one nearly 5 months ago from China but it never arrived and I got a refund :(

Your one in Norway does hand made ones and she makes them specifically for RHD too. Google her. Easy to find.

Has anyone bought a cubby drawer for under the Centre screen?
    Looking at a few online but they state LHD only.
    I was going to get one from China but all LHD, they’d fit but would be protruding out, I use the shelf for our sunglasses and whatever the cases are made from, they never budge so not going to get one now
    Ordered one nearly 5 months ago from China but it never arrived and I got a refund :(

Your one in Norway does hand made ones and she makes them specifically for RHD too. Google her. Easy to find.

Fuk sake, €61!!!

I use the shelf for our sunglasses and whatever the cases are made from, they never budge

That's because you don't have a performance :p

Whenever I plant my foot, whatever is in that cubby ends up somewhere in the back of the car. Coins, phones, sunglasses. I stopped putting anything in there after a few days...

• Advertisement

Then why ruin that joy with a “stopper”

That's because you don't have a performance :p

Whenever I plant my foot, whatever is in that cubby ends up somewhere in the back of the car. Coins, phones, sunglasses. I stopped putting anything in there after a few days...

+1
    If I put my foot down, sun glasses and face mask end up in the back seat. If I’m unlucky enough to have left my phone on the center console, god knows where that ends up!

Passengers, they are another story :)

I got reg plate LED’s delivered today. Bought them from abstract ocean in the USA based on their review, and fitting. Technically any 36mm should fit but I didn’t want to gamble with eBay bulbs.

Ordered on 27th July, arrived and fitted today.

https://www.abstractocean.com/led-license-plate-bulb-kit/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

All,

Full set of WeatherTech floor mats for sale, front, rear, frunk and boot liner. Cost €470 or so will sell for €250.

As new & less than a year old.

https://www.weathertech.com/tesla/2020/model-s/

Thanks....

If you can do €200 I'll take them. Can most likely collect from you. Sorry but I am a cheapskate :)

Presuming your car is pre-facelift and RWD only. The mats are different for other configs.

The reply
    Hi,

​Normally, it's compatible with LHD and RHD. if you have a problem with the product, we send you a return label :)

Have a nice day,

Bien cordialement / Best regards,

I'll wait until you get it Gumbo :p

LHD one doesn't fit well from a bit of research I did and the cheap Chinese ones shouldn't be much more than about €12 including shipping. The one in your link is probably exactly the same product but with a large mark up and hefty shipping charges.

AmberGold wrote: »
    All,

Full set of WeatherTech floor mats for sale, front, rear, frunk and boot liner. Cost €470 or so will sell for €250.

As new & less than a year old.

https://www.weathertech.com/tesla/2020/model-s/

Thanks....

If facelift version 4wheel drive same offer 200 and collect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I bought them for an 18 75d so I presume that rules you out Unkel.

Advertisement