Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

daddy_boy wrote: »
    If facelift version 4wheel drive same offer 200 and collect

I’ll split the difference €225, a good deal at that, these are a quality product, not a cheapo Wish variant.

Actually €220, I’ll knock a fiver off for petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

AmberGold wrote: »
    I’ll split the difference €225, a good deal at that, these are a quality product, not a cheapo Wish variant.

Actually €220, I’ll knock a fiver off for petrol!
    Thanks PM sent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Anyone know how to see Supercharging history on a Tesla Model S (even possible?)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Did i imagine it or did someone post that MCU to MCU 2 was an upgrade available from Tesla now?
    Not for me, a guy on the FB Group just asking and i could have sworn it was here i seen it was available.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Gumbo wrote: »
    Did i imagine it or did someone post that MCU to MCU 2 was an upgrade available from Tesla now?
    Not for me, a guy on the FB Group just asking and i could have sworn it was here i seen it was available.....

Last I checked it was still only USA and Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Not available here yet. I asked them about it a couple of weeks ago.

Just to keep the thread alive as I haven’t been maintaining a “My Car” thread lately but picked up a few small bits for the car.

Replaced all wheel bolt covers with new charcoal grey ones as the existing ones were faded near white and the odd black one that the previous garage obviously just threw on. Makes such a nice little difference that probably 1% of people would only notice :) (Ali Express).

https://a.aliexpress.com/_d8WlIok

Ordered new charcoal grey wheel Centre caps as my current wheels will be refurbed in the next month or so and I thought to best have them ready to go. M wheels are currently charcoal grey (gun barrel grey) but plan on keeping that color. EV Accessories.

https://www.evaccessories.co.uk/product/model-s_3_x_y-centre-caps-gun-metal-grey/

Parcel shelf buddy ordered. Should be here this week also from EV Accessories.

https://www.evaccessories.co.uk/product/tesla-model-s-parcel-shelf-auto-lift-kit/

Rag plate LED bulbs from Abstract Ocean in the USA.

https://www.abstractocean.com/led-license-plate-bulb-kit/

Mudflaps.
    I’ve always had them on most cars and I can hear the spray hitting the side of the car so I’m tempted to use them. I’ll make sure they use oem bolt locations so they can be removed easily but from Wish so worth a punt.

�� Look what I found on Wish for a great price!

https://dl.wish.com/ugKaL

Really toying with the idea of de-chroming the car but afraid to pull the trigger.

Nice, I got black wheel nut covers from Aliexpress too and a Parcel Shelf buddy from Abstract Ocean.
    I'll wait and see your mud flaps and how fitting goes, don't do that much mucky driving so no real impact yet, the Winter months might be worse with slush on the roads etc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

was it really £8.49 for basically 2 bits of string?

was it really £8.49 for basically 2 bits of string?

I’ll let you know once they arrive!
    These are high end products. They have Velcro :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

Model S catches up with Taycan with over the air update.

“Same performance for half the price makes the Tesla Model S a far superior value proposition”

mrbongo wrote: »
    Model S catches up with Taycan with over the air update.

“Same performance for half the price makes the Tesla Model S a far superior value proposition”
    There are standing still and rolling drag races on YouTube with the Taycan winning both hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mrbongo wrote: »

Current Model S Performance with Cheetah stance launch is unreal fast, 0-60 in just a touch over 2s. I did a good few launches myself in it a few weeks ago. Makes my own car (0-60 in 3.9s) feel a tad slow :D
    slave1 wrote: »
    There are standing still and rolling drag races on YouTube with the Taycan winning both hands down.

Possibly from before the Cheetah stance launch software update?

I have to say I'm no fan of having to enable launch control and the "Bring it on" vs "I want my mommy" buttons, funny though as they are when you see them the first time. I just want to have that performance all the time, and launch mode enabled automatically if you press both pedals. Is that too much to ask?

As above. The one thing I liked about the M3P over the MSP was that the 3 had the power all there all of the time. No buttons, no insane, no ludicrous etc etc

That annoys me.

Now I know the MSP and max power of 825bhp needs battery temp to be right etc but I’d rather just have all the power available.

Auto launch mode. Press both pedals. Car knows you want to laugh so turn on cheetah mode at the same time.

Like the M3P, still a chill mode for the wife. Sorted.

@unkel, it was after Cheetah update, I’ll link when in front of PC, pretty sure it was CarWow

slave1 wrote: »
    @unkel, it was after Cheetah update, I’ll link when in front of PC, pretty sure it was CarWow

Yes I watched it the other night.
    Taycan just pulls like a train at higher speeds. The gearbox difference.

When the MS launched perfectly, it bet it. But the Porsche caught up quick enough. 100k car (Tesla) V 145k car (Porsche).

Any link?

Away from the lights and 0-60 significantly quicker? That would surprise me. And it's not much good if a car catches up above 60 or does a quicker mile on the public road :D

Either way, great to finally see some competition for the big Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote: »
    Any link?

Away from the lights and 0-60 significantly quicker? That would surprise me. And it's not much good if a car catches up above 60 or does a quicker mile on the public road :D

Either way, great to finally see some competition for the big Tesla.

I’m going out on a limb here but assume around a track the taycan would leave it well behind ?

I remember someone had the Tesla model x and the etron 55 around a track , the Tesla much quicker in a straight line but even the etron was noticeably quicker around a track,

It was 5th gear I think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Yes I watched it the other night.
    Taycan just pulls like a train at higher speeds. The gearbox difference.

When the MS launched perfectly, it bet it. But the Porsche caught up quick enough. 100k car (Tesla) V 145k car (Porsche).

It was Turbo S so dearer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That test was a bit weird. Following the data, the S should be faster 0-60 and the Taycan should be a smidge faster on the 1/4 mile.
    Looking at the final drive ratio (s).
    The second gear for the Taycan gives it a better speed above 60-80 mph

• Advertisement

Tell me, does the S have a steel or aluminium roof ? I need a roof I can stick a magnetic antenna mount on.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Tell me, does the S have a steel or aluminium roof ? I need a roof I can stick a magnetic antenna mount on.

I believe the Model S body is entirely Aluminium (with a lot of glass on the roof).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The roof is glass.

That's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That's a shame.
    Use a suction mount?

Lumen wrote: »
    Use a suction mount?

Hmmm, not sure I could trust a suction mount. But I'm browsing around for solutions, basically need to tap into the 2m and 70cm repeaters and so the antennas won't be that big but might be too much load with wind and all that for suction.

Didn't look at the whole clip, but the bit I saw the Tesla was significantly faster off the mark but the Porsche overtook it at some point?

That's exactly what I would have expected and it's the same as it has been Tesla Model S performance vs various petrol supercars over the years. They all catch up and overtake at some point.

I liked the "ELON" and "FERDINAND" plates :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote: »
    Didn't look at the whole clip, but the bit I saw the Tesla was significantly faster off the mark but the Porsche overtook it at some point?

That's exactly what I would have expected and it's the same as it has been Tesla Model S performance vs various petrol supercars over the years. They all catch up and overtake at some point.

I liked the "ELON" and "FERDINAND" plates :p

Watch it all :)

Also the 911 turbo beats the taycan in a similar video

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    Watch it all :)

Also the 911 turbo beats the taycan in a similar video

Also, the Porsche can turn around and do that 20 times in a row.

Advertisement