Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

NIMAN wrote: »

That's more than a model 3 new here with the same acceleration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

unkel wrote: »
    I don't need it, 99.99% of my charging is done at home or at 22kW AC chargers (free). Or at Tesla superchargers (also free), but I got it done anyway for a number of reasons:

1. ridiculously cheap. €243 + VAT (€294 incl. VAT) - no doubt that's a job done below cost price. Who knows this might go back up in price
    2. just in case of emergency I can quickly charge up at the ESB 50kW DC charger around the corner from me
    3. all new supercharger V3 hubs will be CCS only
    4. quite likely I will take the car on continental European / UK trips and having the option to charge on any CCS charger is helpful

Yes that is my thinking too. I would be happy to pay 294 for the conversion but not 500. I will need it quite rarely.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The price is €294 incl VAT (was €299 before the VAT change). It was reduced sometime last month, the girl you spoke to was obviously not aware of that. Next time you call to book it in, insist that she looks it up in the system and she will confirm this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

I don't need it, 99.99% of my charging is done at home or at 22kW AC chargers (free). Or at Tesla superchargers (also free), but I got it done anyway for a number of reasons:

1. ridiculously cheap. €243 + VAT (€294 incl. VAT) - no doubt that's a job done below cost price. Who knows this might go back up in price
    2. just in case of emergency I can quickly charge up at the ESB 50kW DC charger around the corner from me
    3. all new supercharger V3 hubs will be CCS only
    4. quite likely I will take the car on continental European / UK trips and having the option to charge on any CCS charger is helpful

All good points but when did you last use one of the 22kW AC charge points? They haven't been free since late July/early Aug.

Or have your legendary bargain hunting skills sussed something the rest of us haven't? :P

jprboy wrote: »
    All good points but when did you last use one of the 22kW AC charge points? They haven't been free since late July/early Aug.

Or have your legendary bargain hunting skills sussed something the rest of us haven't? :P

I use them for most of my charging. Usually once or twice a week, taking in 20-40kWh per go. For free ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

He shops in Lidl :pac:.

Kramer wrote: »
    He shops in Lidl :pac:.

Yep. And not only do they give me good value for money and have done so since they first came to this country, they now also give me most of the juice for my car for free.

It is significant money savings like this that enabled me to buy a relatively expensive car like a Tesla in the first place :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I use the Lidl ones once a week at least.
    22kw charging for free (for the moment anyhow). Every little helps, to Rob a statement from another leading supermarket:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I love the way you can go to Lidl and charge your car for free, buy some grapes, some of those lovely apple & pecan pastries*, some nice cheap Prosecco, and a 1200w generator & a Mig welder...

*not as nice nowadays as they are bagged up and they go soft without air circulation to keep them crispy....

Yep. And not only do they give me good value for money and have done so since they first came to this country, they now also give me most of the juice for my car for free.

It is significant money savings like this that enabled me to buy a relatively expensive car like a Tesla in the first place :)

Went to lidl last week.
    Plugged car in and got well over 30% charge.
    Shooing using their app and got some little discounts on their treat scheme thing. Shopping was €100, scanned app and it was then €94.

Things like that will keep us coming back :)

• Advertisement

In my last non EV car, I used to spend €50 per week on petrol. I'm sure you were the same in some of your cars and neither of us do big miles. I for one am very glad I haven't seen that sort of money leaking out of my pocket for many years now. Free electricity FTW :D

I love the way you can go to Lidl and charge your car for free, buy some grapes, some of those lovely apple & pecan pastries*, some nice cheap Prosecco, and a 1200w generator & a Mig welder...

And eat and drink all those while you wait a bit longer for your car to charge up for free :pac:

Do a bit of welding too once you have that inverter hooked up to your 12V battery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

And eat and drink all those while you wait a bit longer for your car to charge up for free :pac:

Do a bit of welding too once you have that inverter hooked up to your 12V battery :D

The one out in Shankill is great as there's a Costa Coffee beside the charger...

Nice to have a coffee when you're welding in a roll cage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

If you are looking for an S there is this in the same price bracket after VRT, but then I am biased 😂

https://www.donedeal.com/cars-for-sale/p85d-ludicrous-upgrade-0-60-2-8-secs/25859097
    NIMAN wrote: »

Smck1983 wrote: »
    If you are looking for an S there is this in the same price bracket after VRT, but then I am biased ��

https://www.donedeal.com/cars-for-sale/p85d-ludicrous-upgrade-0-60-2-8-secs/25859097

Link leading nowhere for me?
    Is it the red P85D being sold by Scott?

Gumbo wrote: »
    Link leading nowhere for me?
    Is it the red P85D being sold by Scott?

Yes. Replace "com" in the link with "ie" and you get that red P85D

Gorgeous car, the only natural step up from our cars, Gumbo. Would love it myself just for the even better performance and I like red, but it's a bit overpriced imho

Yes. Replace "com" in the link with "ie" and you get that red P85D

Gorgeous car, the only natural step up from our cars, Gumbo. Would love it myself just for the even better performance and I like red, but it's a bit overpriced imho

I nearly bought it a few months ago when it was in Midland Cars. He was interested in taking the i3 off me but I think Scott got in there with a straight sale so it was an easier transaction for the dealer.

It would have been way over budget for me in all honesty though.

But your right, it’s the only car (or above, P90,100 etc) I’d sell ours for now.

Sorry try this one:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/p85d-ludicrous-upgrade-0-60-2-8-secs/25859097

Think you must be thinking of another car as I bought direct from Tesla 2 years ago CPO and still 2 years full Tesla warranty!!
    I nearly bought it a few months ago when it was in Midland Cars. He was interested in taking the i3 off me but I think Scott got in there with a straight sale so it was an easier transaction for the dealer.

It would have been way over budget for me in all honesty though.

But your right, it’s the only car (or above, P90,100 etc) I’d sell ours for now.

The only car worth upgrading to will have ludicrous. And even at that, not that much of an upgrade as you need to "prepare" the car for ludicrous launches which p1sses me off

Several years down the line I can see myself in a Model Y performance alright, but I doubt I will be able to afford it even then

Even day to day it is noticeable compared to even insane. When they switched off the ludicrous I noticed a decrease in the performance. It’s only for full blown launch you need to warm it up but when it does WOW!!
    The only car worth upgrading to will have ludicrous. And even at that, not that much of an upgrade as you need to "prepare" the car for ludicrous launches which p1sses me off

Several years down the line I can see myself in a Model Y performance alright, but I doubt I will be able to afford it even then

• Advertisement

Even day to day it is noticeable compared to even insane. When they switched off the ludicrous I noticed a decrease in the performance. It’s only for full blown launch you need to warm it up but when it does WOW!!

I've driven the current Model S performance with Cheetah stance launch. Quite a bit faster than your car again :D

For me it just can't be fast enough. I'd love to drive a car with a sub 1s 0-60 time. Literally a rocket :D

Nice! Had a drag race with a P100D. You wouldn’t think 0.4sec is much but it is. Roll on the MS plaid and roadster!!

Have you tried the Porsche yet? Saw a guy got a test drive after rocking up and was tempted but then lockdown...
    I've driven the current Model S performance with Cheetah stance launch. Quite a bit faster than your car again :D

For me it just can't be fast enough. I'd love to drive a car with a sub 1s 0-60 time. Literally a rocket :D

Have you tried the Porsche yet? Saw a guy got a test drive after rocking up and was tempted but then lockdown...

Taycan?

No haven't driven it yet. But the base model is no faster than my car (and slower than yours) yet it costs roughly the same as a much faster again current Model S performance

Yes I am interested to see how it stacks up build quality etc. Would likely never buy one but would like to say I have had a go.
    Taycan?

No haven't driven it yet. But the base model is no faster than my car (and slower than yours) yet it costs roughly the same as a much faster again current Model S performance

Yes I am interested to see how it stacks up build quality etc. Would likely never buy one but would like to say I have had a go.

No doubt the build quality is better. It's a Porsche! It will also be much better to drive. Pity Porsche didn't open all registers and made it very fast though.

My other car is a Porsche BTW :D A good bit slower again. Glorious driver's car, proper old skool, no drivers aids, no ABS, no traction control, mid rear engine, RWD and what a sound from that roaring flat six. But compared to electric cars it just feels irrelevant. Other than as a classic car from yesteryear.

Sad to report that my suspicions were correct. The single-phase Zappi only supplies 16A to the Tesla (no dual chargers) so my home charge speed is limited to 3.7kW. Honestly, it should be enough for the driving I do. But :( for the lack of bragging rights.

Sorry try this one:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/p85d-ludicrous-upgrade-0-60-2-8-secs/25859097

Think you must be thinking of another car as I bought direct from Tesla 2 years ago CPO and still 2 years full Tesla warranty!!

I must be way off then. Sorry for the mix up :o

garo wrote: »
    Sad to report that my suspicions were correct. The single-phase Zappi only supplies 16A to the Tesla (no dual chargers) so my home charge speed is limited to 3.7kW.

That's not right. Zappi should be 32A, so provide 7.4kW to your car single phase. If you only get half something is wrong, perhaps your car only has a 16A cable? Or is the Zappi tethered?

garo wrote: »
    Sad to report that my suspicions were correct. The single-phase Zappi only supplies 16A to the Tesla (no dual chargers) so my home charge speed is limited to 3.7kW. Honestly, it should be enough for the driving I do. But :( for the lack of bragging rights.

Have you double checked the settings.
    Have you tried charging on the eCars 22kw charger or the Lidl ones to confirm? But you need a 3 phase cable for that.

I only get 7kw charging at home on my dual charger car.

• Advertisement

Sorry both. You are correct. I am drawing 7kW. Happy days. Not sure why the car was showing 16A during the day. Probably because in Eco mode I was looking at the max and it was showing16A.

Advertisement