Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Covid, contact touching etc, who knows

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

While waiting to get a few things sorted, are there any good accessories worth getting.

I'm looking for a wireless phone charger and boot liner in particular.

Has anyone any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Parcel shelf butler, under door projector lights, car key holders, cubby drawer, wireless phone charger, mats, frunk inverter (:D)

I think a lot of this stuff was covered, particularly in the thread by slave1 on getting his Model S

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

While waiting to get a few things sorted, are there any good accessories worth getting.

I'm looking for a wireless phone charger and boot liner in particular.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Get over to Amazon for prime day deals.

Free delivery on prime deals. Seems to be many Tesla items there.

Gumbo wrote: »

You should be able to get a free 30 day Prime trial. I get one every year around this time, never paid a cent for Prime yet :D

Might sign up though for the year if there's a deal going. It is a very good service and I spend thousands per year in Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Any links? To Amazon or threads/sites discussing Tesla items on Amazon.

Just trailed through the offers, they are almost all for the Model 3

garo wrote: »
    Any links? To Amazon or threads/sites discussing Tesla items on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=tesla&i=prime-day&bbn=10157705031&page=5&qid=1602586192&ref=sr_pg_4

thanks, am ordering a key cover, mat and wireless phone charger tonight

rang tesla today and they fixed my lack of connectivity, i know get 3g and lte depending on where location.

One other error i've had since i got the car yesterday is that i get an error saying "autopilot safety/convenience features unavailable" "features may be restored on the next drive".

I asked about the error earlier and the person said it should go away now that connectivity is restored but i'm sceptical,
    anyone else have this type of error before?

unkel wrote: »
    You should be able to get a free 30 day Prime trial. I get one every year around this time, never paid a cent for Prime yet :D

Might sign up though for the year if there's a deal going. It is a very good service and I spend thousands per year in Amazon.

I’m all Out of free trials at this stage. I had the 6 month student trial and that ended during lockdown so maybe they will offer it again once that’s over 12 months.

• Advertisement

€466.

Official price for Tesla Ireland to change the EMMC Flash to 64GB.

One of the lads in the FB Group just got his car back today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

€466.

Official price for Tesla Ireland to change the EMMC Flash to 64GB.

One of the lads in the FB Group just got his car back today.
    Does that fix the MCU1 issues?
    I'd see that as a better deal than nearly 3k for MCU2

ELM327 wrote: »
    Does that fix the MCU1 issues?
    I'd see that as a better deal than nearly 3k for MCU2

Yep. It replaces the daughterboard with the eMMC chip. The wear on the latter (because of the excessive data logging) causes the vast majority of the MCU1 problems

Mine is booked in for a replacement next week. Free of charge under warranty naturally :p

I'd say when done, that's about €2k worth of warranty repairs done on my car. Bulb, window mechanism, 2 * door handle, sunroof, MCU1

I wouldnt mind paying 466, considering I got free CCS and free Chademo adapters, worth a near 1k combined (at the time, substantially less now!)

You're not under warranty and you've none or not many signs of MCU1 failure? I very much doubt this price is going up. I'd wait if I were you.

not under warranty, not many signs (beyond the odd reboot needed), but I'd like to get it done as preventative.
    460 quid is not much considering I was preparing to pay the 3k for mcu2.
    I'll be selling the car next year so I'd like to have this update done to aid the sale.

Any €1 spent on a car to aid the sale adds well less than €1 in resale value. I wouldn't do it. Not unless the issue becomes a lot more urgent

not under warranty, not many signs (beyond the odd reboot needed), but I'd like to get it done as preventative.
    460 quid is not much considering I was preparing to pay the 3k for mcu2.
    I'll be selling the car next year so I'd like to have this update done to aid the sale.

I agree, this is a well worthwhile preventative measure, any savvy purchaser will be looking out for MCU1 time-bomb, by having it doe the car is properly readied for sale.
    May as well get it done now because if you get total failure then it's another ball game altogether for full MCU replacement and you won't see that money back when you sell the car

Tesla dropped prices of Model S worldwide. Was just under €81k here. That's already a lot of car for the money! 610km range, 0-100km/h in 3.8s

Model X was €89k.

What will these go down to? €75k and €83k or something like that? A brand new long range Model X for that sort of money must be tempting, ELM327?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

What will these go down to? €75k and €83k or something like that? A brand new long range Model X for that sort of money must be tempting, ELM327?

wow interesting! That will impact used values; glad I didn't buy the P90DL I test drove a few weeks ago now! That car was late 2016 (AP1) with about 28k miles; dealer was looking for €59k and very little movement off that. Still for sale though a month later.

• Advertisement

Sorry another question, fully charged the car at home last night and it says range of 360km.. Tesla have it advertised as about 470 range.

I know that they're extremely optimistic but does my range seem right, it's a model s 75.

It is 2017 but with 130,000km on it.

Am asking cause am wondering f battery could have degraded at all.

Is there a way on the sat nav to show non tesla chargers, like the ecar chargers and ones at the applegreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Tesla dropped prices of Model S worldwide.

tenor.gif?itemid=15195954

:D.

drumm23 wrote: »
    wow interesting! That will impact used values; glad I didn't buy the P90DL I test drove a few weeks ago now! That car was late 2016 (AP1) with about 28k miles; dealer was looking for €59k and very little movement off that. Still for sale though a month later.

59K is cheaper though ? that's a good chunk of cash you don't spend on a new one.

Tesla dropped prices of Model S worldwide. Was just under €81k here. That's already a lot of car for the money! 610km range, 0-100km/h in 3.8s

Model X was €89k.

$69,420 in the US.
    I still remember when Tesla first opened orders in Ireland. €206k was the cost of a MSP.

Sorry another question, fully charged the car at home last night and it says range of 360km.. Tesla have it advertised as about 470 range.

I know that they're extremely optimistic but does my range seem right, it's a model s 75.

It is 2017 but with 130,000km on it.

Am asking cause am wondering f battery could have degraded at all.

Is there a way on the sat nav to show non tesla chargers, like the ecar chargers and ones at the applegreen?

Are you sure the Tesla rated range is 470km?
    My bigger battery 85 kWh isint even rated for that.

My P85 pre-facelift had an EPA range of 420km when new, S75 facelift you have had about the same, a little bit less when new

Not sure where you got the 470km, maybe the NEDC (not even damn close) range :p

The only car ever made that could easily get its NEDC range was the Ioniq electric classic...

Yes, was nedc rating, it was rating of 298 miles which is about 470km

I know that I'd not get close to it, but just wondering if my range of 360km is about right as the car has high mileage and was wondering about battery degradation from what I assume would be high usage at superchargers

Model X was €89k.

There's that drop from tesla and another drop coming on 1/1/21 thats due to vrt reduction.
    I intend on selling my S and moving on in Q2 next year at the moment. Not sure where I'll be going.

Yes, was nedc rating, it was rating of 298 miles which is about 470km

I know that I'd not get close to it, but just wondering if my range of 360km is about right as the car has high mileage and was wondering about battery degradation from what I assume would be high usage at superchargers

Your range is in line with expectations, you have a late 2016 production car

s-km-912.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

There's that drop from tesla and another drop coming on 1/1/21 thats due to vrt reduction.
    I intend on selling my S and moving on in Q2 next year at the moment. Not sure where I'll be going.

The 2% increase in VAT on 1 Mar also.

Brexit... who knows.
    Covid lockdowns and job losses.

Very hard to tell what car prices and next years market will be like.

Advertisement