Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I bought eamondunphy's car (of this parish). 2017 Model S 75 with FSD

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

Congrats. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on old versus new MS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Well wear! Has it been uncorked?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I got the eMMC recall done last week, no real improvement (I know it's essentially a memory wipe/replacement with larger chip).

It'd wipes your profile, Bluetooth settings and blanks your Maps so all have to be setup and downloaded again so be aware if getting it done, perhaps ask the SC to download the maps to avoid that hassle

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'd been warned about this before, but on both my cars, i lost no data or profiles.

Makes me wonder if they done anything now :)

• Advertisement

They can back up and restore I think, they restored my profile settings but not the Bluetooth/Maps

2021.24.28 Rolling out to MCU1, our first update in nearly a year and thankfully not a V11 update

Warning:German video.

This German Reporter could not get the claimed power out of a Plaid when put on dyno:

He also had an owner of a plaid complaining about fit and finish while charging his test vehicle. The Yoke was scuffed already.

He definitely did not like the Yoke steering wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Disappointing to see so many build quality issues with the Plaid, given the $130k cost & length of time they've had to improve.

It's still a US build

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

So?

Ostensibly the same car, Tesla's flagship, being built in the same factory for almost 10 years now, yet still plagued with build quality issues.

Madness to have to offshore manufacturing to China to gain some modicum of QC/QA.

China is new build from greenfield, Freemont is a retrofit, I mean they use tents for assembly over there.

I agree with you, it should be perfect but US build is not, the worst comment I saw was a Plaid shipped to customer with no rear brake disc, discovered on drive out of service centre and immediately on 7 week waiting list for parts. Owner has sold their previous car and was given Uber credits. LoL (not)

This is why I discounted a new Model 3 and went for a used S, now the MIC Model 3 is here with super build reputation that's where I'll be going

Are none of you concerned about the missing ponies. They weren't found at the wheel and if not found at the wheel in an EV then where could they have disappeared to along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Well, it still beats the Lucid with it's claimed 1111bhp, so does it matter?

In the most litigious state of the most litigious country in the world some Lawyer will be rubbing his or her hands with glee.

Anyone interested, PM me.

2016 Model S P90D Ludicrous Plus

86,500km

Taxed and NCT’d

SPEC :

Front Motor

259 Bhp

244 lb-ft

Rear Motor 

503 bhp 

469 lb-ft

Total output is 762 bhp and 713 lb-ft of torque.

Spec List. 

Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive. 

Red Multi-Coat Paint. 

21" Staggered Fit Turbine Wheels. 

Autopilot with convenience features. 

90 kWh Performance Pack. 

Ludicrous Mode with Ludicrous Plus. 

Premium Upgrades Package. 

Ambient Lighting. 

Hi Fidelity Sound System with Dolby Surround Sound. 

Homelink. 

LTE/4G Connection Upgrade. 

Smart Air Suspension. 

Pan Roof. 

Heated Steering Wheel.

Heated Windscreen. 

All Seat Heating.

Powered Liftgate. 

CCS Charger Upgrade. 

Free Unlimited Supercharging. 

Free Unlimited Premium Connectivity. 

Front Wheel 21x8.5 ET40

Rear Wheel 21x9.0 ET40

Yes it’s a nosecone. Yes it’s a 6 year old car. Yes it’s expensive as that’s what it is. Before any of the regulars chime in with the “state of the car market etc”

Verified trade in to Tesla of €57,620 that’s what I want.

New car is ordered already so unfortunately have no room for any movement or trade in.

Once this goes to Tesla then they will remove the free supercharging and I believe they remove the free premium connectivity too.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Best of luck with sale, that’s a stunning car with a near perfect spec. I presume Model 3 ordered so? Did you go with the standard or LR in the end?

Nearly went for a Y!

I like them but I don’t think they do it for me at the moment, maybe I’d change my mind. Sure if some pop into inventory I can check them out.

I ended up going for a M3 LR, white on black with the 19” wheels. I’ll add the Performance Boost once I have it.

It will be a tough sale privately for my MS in fairness as teslas trade pricing is quite good currently but if someone really wanted one, they know what their buying and particularly if they pass by superchargers regularly then it would be worth it.

I may chicken out too when it comes to trading in, but we shall see 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Its a lovely looking car, best of luck with shifting it.

• Advertisement

That will be a hard price to beat, can you get the P boost still in Ireland, thought I saw some noise recently about that

I hope you can!

otherwise I may reevaluate 🤣

But I was speaking to the SC yesterday about something else and I mentioned it. And was told yes still available and make sure to add it after I collect to avoid the additional VRT. but I didn’t think you could add it beforehand anyway.

Post edited by Gumbo on

Ad no longer there. I presume you have taken it down and not actually sold the car?

In other news, I had a lower suspension control arm fail on me only hours after getting my new car :-( Car is in Sandyford now waiting for the replacement arm. Free fix under warranty, got a loaner 2018 75D on air for the next few weeks.

Contemplating MCU2 upgrade. I get a free HW3 upgrade anyway because my car has FSD. And after some study it is fairly clear the car benefits greatly from the MCU upgrade. Brings it right back up to state of the art computer performance, same as a 2022 Tesla Model S, if such a thing was actually to be found on our roads.

The upgrade is currently priced at €1500. Previously it was double that, I think ELM327 paid the full whack for his car, even though the benefits are very limited on his AP1 car and he still was happy with it. Very strong benefits on a HW3 FSD car. FSD visualisations, full sentry mode from all cameras, snappy performance. And I don't really care about netflix or youtube capabilities...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I don't think you have sentry mode, which you will get with MCU2. That was one of my reasons for upgrading.

I think it be a good timing to get it done now while in with them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

With that price it's worth getting tbh.

Will be interesting to hear your opinion about the FSD in Ireland once you get to know it a bit. The basic AP (on Model 3 btw) is pretty damn limited but I'm really not too keen to spend money on navigate on AP. But the fact that the AP is limited to single lane only is just so bad. Worse than Nissan ProPilot was.

AP1 on my MS will change lanes.

I never thought I’d like it until I got a car with it. My previous MS before that didn’t have it.

With free premium connectivity you will find YouTube very useful when SuC and in the car, great way to kill those minutes.

With MCU2 the maps are also stored "on board" so you will eliminate MicroSD card corruption and loss of Sat Nav which is not currently a warranty item. You are cost avoiding couple of hundred euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

This is an OT warning I guess: The Model 3 basic AP falls to adaptive cruise only which is pants really and as a consequence I hardly ever use anything else than the plain vanilla adaptive cruise on it. On Nissan the ProPilot at least re-engaged automatically upon finding a new lane but no so on AP.

Will be interested in hearing what the AP2 users think of the FSD as it probably works quite similarly to Model 3.

Advertisement