Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

Just looking thru some old photos and found this

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There's a lead time of 2-3 months on the part now. Maybe I'll go ahead and order it. You never know with Tesla, they could bump it up to the old price any time. And I sure ain't paying 3 grand for it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If I don’t trade mine I’m getting MCU2 and wrapping it.

Don't wrap it, the multicoat red is the nicest colour of them all and it's not like your car isn't superclean!!!

My loaner is also red, but quite filthy, so not so good looking...

• Advertisement

My car hasn’t been washed this year yet 🤣

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

For those of us with the AP1/MCU1 combo I just got 2021.24.28 update, stays on v10 of the User Interface which is great so just looks like WiFi whilst driving improvements (no impact on me as I’ve free connectivity) and some reports of snappier screen with more usable web browser. For once AP1 for the win as v11 stinks

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I got it yesterday too.

Straight away a Navigation Update came too but I only updated that overnight so no idea if the differences (probably way points?).

I’ve noticed the screen snappier too but maybe that’s a placebo effect ?

Got it this morning too as soon as I grabbed my phone it was there. Tesla confirmed my car already has HW3 so hope to finally have a good drive and a play with my new toys (like smart summon) today 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Smart Summon 😂

If you want, I’ll dress in black, duck down low in your footwell and drive your car badly in your direction. It’ll still be better than Smart Summon.

• Advertisement

Haha yeah the vids I've seen of it were beyond retarded. I'll still have to pop my summon cherry though 🤣

Thanks! As we all know, the cars continuously evolve. Took my new car for a spin of a few hours today. Some comparisons (171 75 on steel vs 142 P85 on air).

First of all I was relieved that there isn't really any difference in suspension on good roads. There is though on bad roads and going over speed bumps is far less smooth on the steel springs. The cabin is far quieter, I think mostly because Tesla never seemed to have got the sunroofs right, they always make a noise at speed, even brand new(ly) fitted ones. I always liked the minimalism of the yachtfloor of the old model, also good for handbags and takeaways. The centre console in the new one is of poor quality. Will have to modify it for wireless charging. Storage of course is far better / handier, also two extra cup holders up front now

An unbelievable oversight in the pre-facelift cars is no cup holders and no charge points in the back. Stupid. This is now corrected. The frunk is tiny in all facelift cars compared to the huge one in the pre-facelift RWD cars, but that doesn't bother me too much. Quality of rear camera is far superior on the facelift cars. And of course the interior and in particular the seats, they have improved immensely since the first cars that were just made for large Americans, no side support. I've the white interior. Not sure if this is leather? But it looks class.

The new car is on paper only a few tens of a second slower to 60 than my old car, but the way it does it couldn't be more different. It's slow to start, but catches up quickly. The old one was violent to start and all over the shop, the traction system simply couldn't handle it. I will dearly miss that. Very much a drivers car. The new one isn't.

The new car has FSD and has already been upgraded to HW3 (for free). You don't need MCU2 for FSD, but it does give better visualisations. I'm tempted to go for it, seeing it makes the whole computer a lot faster, for a better experience. And it's still at "half price" of €1500. It also give sentry mode, which is handy to have. And netflix, YT, a browser that works properly unlike the old car, new games etc. A bit meh though all that.

I'm sure I missed out a lot and haven't tested the AP3 / FSD features yet, but that's my first impressions. The car feels better built altogether but that is a bit rich for a car that left me semi-stranded within a few hours of owning it. Hey, it's a Tesla! 😂

Great comments.

The big surprise I got when moving from the 142 to the 161 was the interior quality improvement.

The next Gen seats and even the switchgear (stalks etc) felt more robust and premium.

I think you’ll keep this car for a while

now (famous last words 😄)

@Gumbo "I think you’ll keep this car for a while

now (famous last words 😄)"

There is very little out there or coming soon that could even start to compete. I have always been a BMW man and their i4 looks like a great overall package and a great drivers car. Not cheap though and for not that much more money you'd be in a Porsche Taycan. I've owned a few Porsches, totally superb for what they are and it would be the only car that could really tempt me out of my Tesla at an aspirational level. Time to start saving so 😂

So from the new update.....after long drive today the car was reducing regen for a longer period than previously. The browser was working all day no bother. No way point in Sat Nav

Well folks, my Model 3 order for August has been pulled forward to end of this month.

I'm going to go for it as I have a very good trade in on my S from Tesla.

I'm in work so will throw up more details later but in summary.

Fully loaded 151 Model S 85, all extras included, free connectivity and free supercharging for life.

Battery replaced last year, just put new tyres on about 1k kms ago. All major ticket items have been addressed under ownership with all invoices kept.

Under full Tesla CPO bumper to bumper warranty until October this year and battery/drivetrain until this time next year.

Serious offers only via PM and I will likely throw onto Donedeal too in coming days.

Wow, i wonder will my August delivery get pulled forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Thinking of going for an Model S, any advice?!

Looking to go for 2019+, would ideally like a Performance model! Do they come up for sale often?

Only 3 for sale in the whole country at the moment! Any opinions? Can't even get a call back from DC Motor Co to find out the price!

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/tesla/model-s/fpa/202202242903989?journey=Search

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/tesla/model-s/fpa/202111239882037?journey=Search

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/tesla/model-s/fpa/202106023363099?journey=Search

None of those cars you linked are the performance models.

not many for sale, if any at all at the moment.

There's a 2014 Performance 85 on DoneDeal for €48k, but that's overpriced imho

• Advertisement

@PATJOE - the Model S is a very rare car in Ireland. Most owners brought them in from the UK themselves but that route is now closed. And only a tiny fraction of them are performance models. So there will only ever be a few of them max for sale at any one time. Best is to check DoneDeal (and this thread) daily.

Apologies I wrote that incorrectly! There is only 3 Model S 2019+ for sale and none are Performance models which I'd like!

What are the big differences in them?

Thanks.

Any opinions on the 3 for sale above?

I've been in touch about the white one and the blue one and both keen on my trade in.

Post edited by PATJOE on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

The white seats aren't leather. I think they are made from Ultrafabrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I can confirm the regen is limited by temperature for a lot longer. Pretty annoying tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 donkeymaster777

Hi, does anyone know how long the wait time is for a new model s plaid? Any different for a long range? I tried ordering online but it won’t display a delivery date and doesn’t even tell me how much it will cost!

You can't order any Model S or Model X from Europe at the moment. When the order book opens up again, expect much higher prices than the last ones sold here.

Welcome to boards.ie by the way! Are you hoping to buy a Model S as your first electric car? There are decent alternatives now too, although not as fast, big or practical. Like the Porsche Taycan.

Thanks for the response. So I was able to place an order using just a 100e deposit...not sure if that counts as a real order or not. Is there an estimate for when the order book is expected to open up w/ actual prices quoted? What were the prices for the last new ones sold here?

Definitely looking to buy a Model S...I've considered the Taycan but I'm worried it might not have the range to make a long trip on the island. It gets quite pricey w/ options as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

The text on the website is a little vague but it’s saying that you’re on a wait list for a future product (like the CyberTruck) and they’ll be in touch when (if?) it actually goes on sale here. Basically: don’t call us, we’ll call you (maybe).

• Advertisement

Yeah, this is the gist of what I gathered as well. So then technically the 2022 Model S Plaid has never been sold in Europe? Am I understanding that correctly?

Advertisement