Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

tedpan wrote: »

And gone again.

What's going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

unkel wrote:
    And gone again.

unkel wrote:
    What's going on here?

I just noticed, very strange. Could be a scam for a deposit??

Seller has 624(100%) feedback and is on eBay for 16 years. Hardly a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

unkel wrote: »
    Seller has 624(100%) feedback and is on eBay for 16 years. Hardly a scam?

It is odd how he operates, look at his other auctions !

He has 4 listings for 2 rings, 4 different prices ?

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Click bait id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Browsing idly this evening found this https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902154958462 love the colour, upgraded to 75Kwh it is 48k pounds, facelift model, don't like too much the pre-facelift 'grill'.

What do people think? How to know if it has AP2 or AP1 hardware? I would say it is 1 as I cannot see the side cameras, but there is no close up picture.

Any opinions? Price sounds good for a facelift model with AP enabled and a few nice extras, RWD though, but not a big deal for Ireland

jarrieta wrote: »
    How to know if it has AP2 or AP1 hardware?

HW2 is on cars produced from November 2016. 66 reg is Sept '16 - Mar '17. So could be either. Ask for the date of registration of the car. If it is February 2017 then most likely HW2. But I guess only the VIN would give certainty. Or maybe someone more knowledgeable on here can spot a physical feature that gives it away

Nice car, good price, having only 60kWh and only RWD wouldn't bother me a bit. Big question though, how much would the VRT be? Not in the calculator and ncts won't say. You will get hit with a bill that you must pay. You can fight it later, but no guarantees the bill will go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

HW2 is on cars produced from November 2016. 66 reg is Sept '16 - Mar '17. So could be either. Ask for the date of registration of the car. If it is February 2017 then most likely HW2. But I guess only the VIN would give certainty. Or maybe someone more knowledgeable on here can spot a physical feature that gives it away

Nice car, good price, having only 60kWh and only RWD wouldn't bother me a bit. Big question though, how much would the VRT be? Not in the calculator and ncts won't say. You will get hit with a bill that you must pay. You can fight it later, but no guarantees the bill will go down.

There's a few subtle differences

What about buying a Model S out of warranty ? that would be mu greatest fear and getting it fixed, parts availability etc.

What's the warranty on them anyway , think it's years drivetrain or battery , both ? the other technical bits would be horribly expensive to fix I would be sure.

What about buying a Model S out of warranty ? that would be mu greatest fear and getting it fixed, parts availability etc.

What's the warranty on them anyway , think it's years drivetrain or battery , both ? the other technical bits would be horribly expensive to fix I would be sure.
    8 years unlimited miles warranty on battery and drivetrain

first ones out of warranty in RHD will not be until 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

The VIN is displayed in image 39.

5850500471ef4930805eea588095a9bc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I think it's most likely HW1. It also has the old style seats.

Registered 6th December 2016, I read HW2 is present in cars produced from Oct '16. Just checked the pound exchange rate and it is quite high, thought it was going to be better value.

Yeah, VRT is an unknown, still a lot of money for a second hand car... Depreciation might be high once more cars hit the road... or not... :confused:

Model 3 boot is too small and impractical for me I'd say, otherwise better range and better efficiency is nice

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I think it's most likely HW1. It also has the old style seats.

It has the 'new' seats (2016 as far as I can see, present in the performance models since 2015), newer seats weren't available until 2017

Info from https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-s-seats-evolution/, might be wrong

Edit: Pretty sure it is AP1 seeing the config screen (only autosteer and summon)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Model S and X prices have just been reduced a lot.

After being changed 1 month ago aswell
    I presume this is to align with m3 nomenclature

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hatrack

Just checked those out now. Base Model S now starting at €85k - anyone remember what the base 75D started at? Think it was over €90k?

I keep an eye on the UK inventory through this website:

https://tesla-info.com/UK/inventory.html

For a long time it was €10-15k cheaper to bring in UK demo (assuming you could avoid VAT).

Inventory cars are still listed at £72k+ so would expect them to drop in price soon given you can order a brand new Standard Range in the UK for £72k (those listed are 75D which has slightly less range than the Standard Range).

Ludicrous Model S or Ludicrous Model X both from about €100k :eek:

That will hurt sales of the Audi and Jaguar!

I wonder how big an impact this will have on second hand Model S prices. I hope a lot. A second hand one might have just become a reality for me.

• Advertisement

Yes hopefully both moves will drive down the second hand S market (and X)
    I'd love an X if it came as an option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I wonder how big an impact this will have on second hand Model S prices. I hope a lot. A second hand one might have just become a reality for me.

If only my lane was 3 feet wider....

Would love a Tesla, but they are American width.

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    If only my lane was 3 feet wider....

Would love a Tesla, but they are American width.
    So am I, so that works.

Yeah, I am waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes hopefully both moves will drive down the second hand S market (and X)
    I'd love an X if it came as an option

So the prices drop.
    Supply dries up due to lack of numbers.
    Price increases?

That's what happened already. There were £32k model S available as CPO from Tesla approx 12-18 months ago, the same cars, 12-18 months older are now around £42k from Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

€81K for a new Model S, getting tempting.

€85k, no?

It is from 90.757, the 81k don't include VRT I think and maybe after fuel savings. Damn tesla and their misleading prices!!! :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Kids want a Model X. Only a bit over €100k for a ludicrous. Looks like I only have to play half the lottery :p

Advertisement