Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Football.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    So ya won't support the team because the pitch is crap?

No because i like to stand at games and not sit in the stand. Drogheda with any kind of wet weather (on the day or in days before it) is just not safe with the grass bank, especially when i bring the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

No because i like to stand at games and not sit in the stand. Drogheda with any kind of wet weather (on the day or in days before it) is just not safe with the grass bank, especially when i bring the kids

When I was a kid grass was always more fun to play on than concrete. Drogheda is not ideal but its what we have until funds come through, too much money was ploughed into that sh1thole Darver all down to mismanagement and politics.
    As for the great divide Ive been to Louth league games all over the country on buses and by car and there was no such thing as a divide between north south or mid louth, its only when it comes to the county grounds and again this is all down to bad management from the powers that be.
    Anyone any idea how much was spent on plans drawings etc for the various projects bandied about this past 10 years, I would put the cost at approx €50k. Wouldnt that put some terracing in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

All upcoming Championship games being moved out of club grounds following the latest announcement on COVID restrictions.

https://louthnow.ie/2020/08/18/all-championship-games-move-to-darver-as-gates-close-to-supporters/

Haven't been to a game myself since the return but was there much precautions being taken by match-going supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah been to 3 or 4 and all have been fine really.

The move to darver is a joke though. They are doing it so they can stream all the games but again, no care for the players.

event wrote: »
    Yeah been to 3 or 4 and all have been fine really.

The move to darver is a joke though. They are doing it so they can stream all the games but again, no care for the players.

Yeah, Darver is crazy. Won't suit the majority of players and the conditions there are like no other.

I'm curious to see what they do with media at these games. If they are allowed to attend, are they going to be expected to sit on a bank, open to the elements, and compile notes / reports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

They should either play at the normal neutral venues, or abandon the season.
    They couldnt organise a pi$$ in a pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Darver �� the biggest fallacy ever created by Louth GAA

Darver �� the biggest fallacy ever created by Louth GAA

Quite the achievement.

Advertisement