Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 years old need loan HELP

• 28-03-2017 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm 17 just going 18 in a week I'm on social welfare as I can't get a job and I'm looking for 3k loan I don't have much money I have about 200-250 saved up myself I need to start driving as I can get work in Dublin any ways I have no bills no outgoing costs noting if I get 100 euro a week it's just sitting there I used the calculator for the loan works out around 60 a week I was wondering could I get the loan if I got the money paid straight into the bank so I can 100% pay it would I get the loan any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Join the credit union. After about a year of regular saving yuk surely get a loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Ahaha. A loan on 100 a week?? No man not a hope. If you don't spend the money you can save 3k in less than 6 months. That's the only chance aside from your parents giving you one of you getting a loan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If the loan costs 60 a week and you only get 100 a week then that leaves you 40 a week. Tax and insurance will eat that up easily. Would you not try and get a job in Dublin first before getting a car?

Also, you say you have no costs but you've only saved 200 euro. If you have no costs then you should be able to save the full 100. So, how come you've only saved 2 weeks worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Forget the car for now and use public transport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sean7478 wrote: »
    I'm 17 just going 18 in a week I'm on social welfare as I can't get a job and I'm looking for 3k loan I don't have much money I have about 200-250 saved up myself I need to start driving as I can get work in Dublin any ways I have no bills no outgoing costs noting if I get 100 euro a week it's just sitting there I used the calculator for the loan works out around 60 a week I was wondering could I get the loan if I got the money paid straight into the bank so I can 100% pay it would I get the loan any help much appreciated

Not happening with income like that.

You'll need to get a job first and show a steady level of income before you'd be looked at. Maybe open a credit union account.

(why aren't you in school??)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,079 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Socail welfare won't be taken as income as it's not guaranteed. Any friends or family that would lend you money instead?

Advertisement