Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tool for sending similar emails in Outlook

Options
  • 28-03-2017 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

I need to send similar emails to a number of people very regularly. Most of the text is static, but there is a URL in the body of the text that changes for each email. Also, the To: field and part of the Subject line will be unique.

I was wondering if there is any way of simplifying this in Outlook 2013? Ideally I would like a tool/ add in that would allow me to input the email address, unique part of the Subject line, and the unique URL in the body of the mail.

The only stipulation is that it needs to go through Outlook. I know there are a lot of things I could do if I was allowed use another tool but unfortunately that's not an option.

My current method is to take a previously sent email, change the relevant fields and resend it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its called mail merge. Google has all your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Thanks, I use Mail Merge when I need to send mass mails, but didn't think it would save me much time if I needed to send smaller numbers of emails. However, I will look into it some more to see if there is something I am missing.

Oh I see, its more templating you want. Not sure there, been out of Outlook since 2012.

Yes, that's exactly it, a template where only a few fields change each time.
    There is kind of a "Save as template" function in excel, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-an-email-message-template-43EC7142-4DD0-4351-8727-BD0977B6B2D1

The template function within Outlook is the best youll do. Still a few copy pastes but pretty quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

you could try playing with excel to generate your mails for you. example attached, you can make it way more complex.

sKeith wrote: »
    you could try playing with excel to generate your mails for you. example attached, you can make it way more complex.

That's not a bad idea, as the data comes from Excel in the first place! I'll play around with this, thanks.

Advertisement