Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Hydrangea Colour

Options
  • 28-03-2017 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi i have a number of Hydrangeas in the garden, 3 in pots and 2 in ground, all are about 2 or 3 years old. All are pink and am looking to change up the colour of the flowers for a bit of variety. What's the best way to go from pink to white? Or pink to blue. Will it be easier do with the ones in the ground?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭seamusmacc

I don't think there is a way to change Pink/Blue to White or vice versa.

To change from pink to blue, you can add aluminum sulphate, feed them with acidic fertilizer (i.e. azalea and rhododendron) or repotting them in ericaceous compost.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

To have a white Hydrangea you need to purchase the Annabelle variety. I have these in my front garden and they are lovely. Acidic soil for pink to blue.

Advertisement