Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECCE Scheme Questions!

Options
  • 28-03-2017 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi. I was wondering could anyone help me with a query that I can't find the answer to on the citizens info website. My son is eligible for ECCE from April. He currently attends crèche two days a week so they are adjusting the price accordingly.

However he has also been offered two mornings a week in the preschool that he will be going to from September for 5 mornings. He needs to be toilet trained to take this place and I'm hoping to get him trained within the next couple of weeks. I'm wondering can he attend two different places under the scheme as long as it doesn't go over the 15 hours a week? I'm hedging my bets in case I can't get him trained so I don't want to give up the crèche place. However the other preschool is a lot more convenient for me. I'd only plan to overlap for a few weeks as I'd need to give the crèche a month's notice of taking him out of there.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

No, a child can only attend one service for the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Also, I wouldn't be in a major rush to send the child somewhere different on top of potty training. It's a lot to get used to, might make accidents more likely to happen!
    As well as that, the two play schools might be doing slightly different things, so it might confuse the child a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

jlm29 wrote: »
    Also, I wouldn't be in a major rush to send the child somewhere different on top of potty training. It's a lot to get used to, might make accidents more likely to happen!
    As well as that, the two play schools might be doing slightly different things, so it might confuse the child a bit.

Good points thanks. I'll just keep him in the crèche one now until the end of June and wait until September to start the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Bagheera wrote: »
    Hi. I was wondering could anyone help me with a query that I can't find the answer to on the citizens info website. My son is eligible for ECCE from April. He currently attends crèche two days a week so they are adjusting the price accordingly.

However he has also been offered two mornings a week in the preschool that he will be going to from September for 5 mornings. He needs to be toilet trained to take this place and I'm hoping to get him trained within the next couple of weeks. I'm wondering can he attend two different places under the scheme as long as it doesn't go over the 15 hours a week? I'm hedging my bets in case I can't get him trained so I don't want to give up the crèche place. However the other preschool is a lot more convenient for me. I'd only plan to overlap for a few weeks as I'd need to give the crèche a month's notice of taking him out of there.

Thanks for any info.

My son getting ECCe next week too :)
    He goes 4 mornings and will go 5 mornings from next week!! Does the creche have any space in other mornings?

Advertisement