Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold my iPhone. Getting texts to confirm Apple ID

Options
  • 28-03-2017 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

As the title says.
    I recently sold my phone to CEX, but before doing so I did a factory reset and made sure to remove my Apple ID.
    Since selling it though, I've received 6 or 7 texts with a confirmation code for my Apple ID, as if someone was trying to log in to my account.
    I've since changed my password and was sure to remove the account from the device on icloud.com

Is it purely coincidence that this happened after selling my phone? Or is it more likely someone is attempting to log in to my icloud account after somehow obtaining my login details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Best thing would be to contact Apple directly to discuss your concerns IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Yeah I'll give em a shout, just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Relikk

ItsShane wrote: »
    As the title says.
    I recently sold my phone to CEX, but before doing so I did a factory reset and made sure to remove my Apple ID.
    Since selling it though, I've received 6 or 7 texts with a confirmation code for my Apple ID, as if someone was trying to log in to my account.
    I've since changed my password and was sure to remove the account from the device on icloud.com

Is it purely coincidence that this happened after selling my phone? Or is it more likely someone is attempting to log in to my icloud account after somehow obtaining my login details?

I've been getting an email every couple of days to reset my Apple ID and I haven't sold any of my devices. It's just bots trying to hack log into Apple accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Relikk wrote: »
    I've been getting an email every couple of days to reset my Apple ID and I haven't sold any of my devices. It's just bots trying to hack log into Apple accounts.

That's what I had a feeling it was. But not sure where they would have got my email and password to even get to the verification screen.
    I've checked a few PasteBin search sites but can't find my details.
    Unfortunately there's no option (that Im aware of) to check where attempted logins are being made. That's one of the good things about OutLook - you can see where the attempts are being made from.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gijoees

Hi all,

I changed my icloud ID (email address) as it was for a business that is now closed. I done this through a PC using icloud login and not my phone.

• Anyway, long story short I successfully updated the ID/email address but cannot removed my business one - Fine, no harm.
    • Updated my password as it wasn't changed in 9 years. No issue, all
    • Problem - my iPhone is requesting I resign in to the apple ID listing the old business email address. And it won;t accept either my new or old password but its not saying its incorrect but 'Unknown Error'

Any ideas and thank you in advance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement