Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla now worth more than Ford

• 28-03-2017 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I guess the stock market liked the news that the Model 3 is still scheduled to go into production in a few months time

Both companies have a market cap of about $45 billion now

Still pretty amazing, since Tesla has only made maybe 170,000 cars ever. Ford has probably made a thousand times as many cars...

Linky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

unkel wrote: »
    I guess the stock market liked the news that the Model 3 is still scheduled to go into production in a few months time

Both companies have a market cap of about $45 billion now

Still pretty amazing, since Tesla has only made maybe 170,000 cars ever. Ford has probably made a thousand times as many cars...

Linky

The proof will be in the pudding. What we do know is ford can make lots of cars.

Goldman Sachs recent advice is to " sell " on tesla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah it's a bit crazy alright. Production projections seem very optimistic, I just saw an analyst basically saying they'll get nowhere near the targets production numbers of the Model 3 for 2018 (startup this year is very slow anyway)

Advertisement