Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanently banned for absolutely no justifiable reason

Options
  • 28-03-2017 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

I was banned from the weather forum on the 22nd February by moderator redsunset. I received a reply from Black Swan who advised me to message redsunset directly, which I did. He/she responded and asked me a number of questions about why I felt the ban was to harsh etc. I have heard nothing back since. That was a month ago.

I was banned for trolling. Apparently to have your own views on weather, of all things, is trolling if it doesn't agree with the views and opinions of a certain group of users. I have never insulted anyone, posted anything controversial or had a row with anyone. In fact I don't really interact with other users all that much.

My crime was to state my feelings on upcoming weather events such as storms. Just because I'm being realistic and not hyping events up does not mean I am trolling. In fact looking back, the events forecasted generally didn't materialise or were not as severe as predicted so my 'trolling' was proven correct. I live on the coast and often posted description so the weather conditions as they happened... but even this is trolling if it goes against what others are reporting. I never lied once and am deeply insulted at the insinuation.

I am annoyed that someone can be banned permanently like this. I understand the role of mods but sometimes they act to hastily. I miss using the weather forum. Surely a warning would have been sufficient?

I await a response to advise me on what happens next. Thanks

Fraxinus1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi fraxinus1 - I'll ask the CMods to look into this as you have received no further response from the mod.

dudara

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi fraxinus1,
    If you have exchanged PMs with Weather mod Redsunset, and feel that your exchange did not offer a resolution, please advise, and I will review your DRP.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hello fraxinus1,
    I will review this Dispute Resolution now, but need data. Would you please PM "forward" to my Black Swan PM mailbox all PMs that you and Redsunset have exchanged regarding your permanent ban from Weather, in additional all PMs that you may have received or sent to other Weather mods that pertained to your ultimate permanent banning from the Weather forum? Also, any additional comments that you may have would be helpful when you PM me. I have already requested such PMs and comments from Redsunset and the Weather mod team as a part of this data collection.

Have a nice week,
    Black Swan

Hi fraxinus1,
    I have received input from members of the Weather mod team regarding your posting behaviour, but for some reason I have been unable to receive input from the banning mod since you opened this Dispute Resolution. Because I believe that a timely review of the banning mod's justification was essential to this review of your dispute and its resolution, and without it, I believe in all fairness that you should be given the benefit of the doubt. Consequently, I will be reversing your permanent ban from the Weather forum and you will shortly have access.

It should be noted that other Weather mod team members felt that your posting behaviour in Weather had been inappropriate, and if such posting behaviour continues, yellow card warnings, red card infractions, and bans up to and including a permanent ban may result. You may contact the Weather mod team by PM for specifics. This would be a grand time for you to seriously reconsider your posting content and style in the Weather forum.

Since I am reversing your Weather permanent ban, no further posts by you are required in this thread.

Have a nice week,
    Black Swan

REQUEST TO ADMIN:
    Please close the DR and mark it resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement