Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing out the trigger

Options
  • 28-03-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

What are your thoughts? I swore I wouldnt do it this cycle as I got a positive after a negative the last TSI cycle and it was heart breaking when it was negative and period arrived following day. But I find myself tempted to do it again. Bad idea but Im only 4DPO and already going cracked.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think some women are testers and some are not. You really have to go with what feels right for you.

I nearly always waited to test. I think I liked the day-dreaming in my DPO's and if I tested and got a negative, that was me glumly waiting until CD1 again.

I've got friends who were avid testers, and that's what worked for them.

I think either way with so much invested and so many hopes riding on this IVF cycle for you that a negative outcome would not feel any easier whether you test all along or hold out.

I'm rooting for this to be a success for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I started testing the day after my transfer. Even though I thought I would get a positive for the trigger it didn't happen and contiuned to be negative. I kind of half knew myself that it hadn't worked from about 4dp5dt and definitely by 6dp5dt as that was when I had my bfp on the positive cycle so felt I was more prepared for the result when the test date came around.

Advertisement