Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ERA test in SIMS

• 28-03-2017 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everyone,

I'm booked in for an ERA test in SIMS next week after 1 failed IUI, 1 failed TSI and 3 failed IVF cycles. It's like a biopsy (which I've had done) which gets sent to Spain for analysis. Results take up to 3weeks to come back but can tell if implantation window is a little earlier or later than as per a 'regular' cycle which are the dates used by the clinic for implantation.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has had it and if the results from it changed their implantation window and/or helped their outcome?
    I'm 39, AMH 6.9 and from the monitored cycles I've been through, am producing 8-10 eggs per cycle and have had 1-2 reach blastocyst at each IVF cycle. I have no 'problems' in any area i.e. tubes, lining etc My natural killer cells were found to marginally high for which I did several intralipid transfusions per cycle.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks ☀️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 brightyellow

Hi everyone,

I posted this a few weeks ago but thought I'd stick it up again in the hope I might get a response!
    I had an ERA test in SIMS last week after 1 failed IUI, 1 failed TSI and 3 failed IVF cycles. It's like a biopsy (which I've had done) which gets sent to Spain for analysis. Results take up to 3weeks to come back but can tell if implantation window is a little earlier or later than as per a 'regular' cycle which are the dates used by the clinic for implantation.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has had it and if the results from it changed their implantation window and/or helped their outcome?
    I'm 39, AMH 6.9 and from the monitored cycles I've been through, am producing 8-10 eggs per cycle and have had 1-2 reach blastocyst at each IVF cycle. I have no 'problems' in any area i.e. tubes, lining etc My natural killer cells were found to marginally high for which I did several intralipid transfusions per cycle.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks ☀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Hi brightyellow! Ive taken a very long hiatus from boards, but am about to cycle myself again (cycle no.7...... oh god...) shortly so decided to jump back on the bandwagon.

Yes, I've known two people who have had the era done abroad in Gennet, Prague. Both were post receptive, and needed an extra day, day and a half, of progesterone during the fet of any blasts they produced. Both went from having negative results to chemical pregnancies, so I suppose there was a bit of progress, but theres so many other factors that can influence a result its hard to know what actually helped and why the embryos didn't thrive. I've had 3 cps/early mcs from last few cycles and its a suggestion I'm considering, but am going to do pgs/ngs if we get any blasts first.

I wish you the best of luck with the results, hopefully it will be the missing key you've been looking for and it is a simple fix if thats the case..... have you thought about possibly doing pgs on your blasts? its the only other thing i can think of that might help you along the way to getting some answers.

Hi ahaaha,

Thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate your time and openness and suggestions.
    I really will pray for you this time around, you poor things, you've had a hard road so far but good things happen to good people and the only thing we can all do is give it our very very best shot and keep positive. What clinic do you attend? I've never considered going abroad for anything myself. When are you due to start your cycle? I'm excited for you 😊
    I'm expecting results from the ERA and have a phone consultation booked for next Monday. I'm hoping the doctor can tell me it was worthwhile (both in the fact that it cost me nearly 2 months as well as €1,000) and make positive changes to my upcoming cycle. I'm really hoping beyond hope that it works out for us, this our 4th IVF cycle.
    What does 'pgs' on blasts mean? Nobody in SIMS clinic mentioned that to me.
    Thanks again for your reply, I was delighted to read it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Thanks so much for your good wishes. Starting stimming next week-yikes! Trying to stay positive but as practically every stage from response to transfer has become more difficult for us it gets a little tougher but am in a good headspace these days.

Good luck with your results. It's strange in Ivf you almost want something to come back a bit off as then st least you can rationalise what's happening. And get a plan together.

Pgs/Ngs is where they genetically test day 5 blasts by removing a few cells and sending them off for testing, while the blasts are frozen. Abnormal blasts will not implant or can lead to miscarriages (my reason for using it). However there's no guarantee a normal blast will implant or not miscarry either-again due to other factors coming into play.
    It's v expensive here at home and not every clinic here does it. I'm with Gennet in Prague and it's a good bit cheaper. They aren't pushing me to do it as I only ever make 2/3 eggs (amh varies between 9-14) running the risk of having no blasts (normally we get 2 blasts from those eggs) and I'm youngish at 34 so the odds are with me but I'm just sick of miscarriages and would like to try fet as it's gentler on my poor little body! So depending on my response this time we hope to use it.

I love cycling abroad honestly. It's far cheaper and can be hard first cycle as you worry about organising scans at home, prescriptions and flights/accommodation. And it's hard learning to communicate with emails and wait for a response...... But it went really easily for us all 3 times as before I even had a consult I'd sorted the scans/meds issue. But never mind the money it's the sheer experience and numbers they have going through their doors. Their lab imho is excellent. We had such disastrous cycles involving no fertilisation and poor quality embryos here at home.....our embryos are excellent a grade in Prague. Even if I don't get to be a mom with them I'd highly recommend them.

When will you be starting again do you think?

Hi ahaaha,
    How are you getting on? 😊 I started to write back to you several times, sorry it's taken so long. I'm dying to hear how things are going for you!!!?
    Update from me...results from my ERA showed I was pre- receptive so I had to take 1x crinone 24 hours before I would have normally done without ERA results. I went through a micro flare IVF cycle and produced 11 eggs, 5 of which fertilised and they implanted 2 day 5 blastocysts. I'm now on the 2WW, have to do my home test next Saturday. I'm so nervous about it but trying to remain really hopeful. Please God this is our time.
    How about you? I thought of you several times, I hope to God you're getting on ok.
    Ruth ðŸ™ðŸ»

• Advertisement
Advertisement