Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread - **MOD NOTE POST #1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I have to say from watching his interview on the Sunday Game Mcgrath sounds a beaten man.

"Just tried to regroup at half time and tried to refocus on what we had talked about for the last 8 weeks"

He struck me as a guy who has no plan B and didn't seem to know how to change it at half time. It was even then and from Waterfords point of view great to be level.

That's when switches or tactics needed to be adjusted. Seems like he is a guy who says "keep it going lads" and I have played for those type of managers.(not high level at all just that type of bluffer) That means I don't know how to change things but hope we can turn it around with what we are doing already.

I will say Waterford had 16 wides so that doesn't help matters but that setup feels doomed to fail from the start.That's my outside opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Terrible display. We were lucky to go in level at half time. Should have been at least 4 behind. Cork were worthy winners. Our stick work was dreadful. Too many players lacking pace in the forwards. Maurice and Brick looked to me like they struggled with the pace of the game in that heat. Pauric Mahony missing sitters of frees. Maurice going for a point at the death from near the 21 when we needed a goal. Nothing seemed to go right for us but we just weren't good enough. I didn't see the Bennett helmet foul until the Sunday Game this evening but that aside, I thought Barry Kelly gave us jack ****. Cork would still have beaten us but he seemed very reluctant to give any decision our way. Can Bennett get a suspension for the helmet pull retrospectivel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Deiseen

SW1985 wrote: »
    Very confusing game today. I really think the old defensive swarming style would have been more suited to playing against Cork but we ended up going more conventional. No idea why after seeing how Tipp fared with it. We also tried it against them in the league and it didn't work.

Kinda miss the old pragmatic approach. Don't think our lads had the pace to go man on man against a team like Cork with such pacey forwards. I think Derek bowed to public pressure and tried to find a more attacking approach and come badly unstuck. Lot's of strange subs as well. Moran was as bad as I've seen from a Waterford hurler and spent most of the second half trying to stretch his calves out yet it was all the lads around him getting taken off.

Outside of that the intensity and work rate was missing. They used to forage for the ball in packs but today it just seemed like 15 individuals all losing their own personal battles. SOk, Barron and De Burca plus Stephen Bennet and Mahoney in the first half the only ones to do anything much in the game.

Moran was very very very very bad. Don't mean to single a fella out as many lads didn't have a good day today but Moran should have been the first to be subbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,933 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I have to say from watching his interview on the Sunday Game Mcgrath sounds a beaten man.

"Just tried to regroup at half time and tried to refocus on what we had talked about for the last 8 weeks"

He struck me as a guy who has no plan B and didn't seem to know how to change it at half time. It was even then and from Waterfords point of view great to be level.

That's when switches or tactics needed to be adjusted. Seems like he is a guy who says "keep it going lads" and I have played for those type of managers.(not high level at all just that type of bluffer) That means I don't know how to change things but hope we can turn it around with what we are doing already.

I will say Waterford had 16 wides so that doesn't help matters but that setup feels doomed to fail from the start.That's my outside opinion anyway.

If he has given up than it doesn't bond well for the qualifiers. I think McGrath 100% was expecting to be planning for a Munster final and not the qualifiers. Hope both the players and management get over today and go back to training and prepare to give the qualifiers a right lash but it's worrying listen to McGrath after the game

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭SW1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If he has given up than it doesn't bond well for the qualifiers. I think McGrath 100% was expecting to be planning for a Munster final and not the qualifiers. Hope both the players and management get over today and go back to training and prepare to give the qualifiers a right lash but it's worrying listen to McGrath after the game

I think he's worried. Trying to change his system seems to have brought confusion and cost us a lot of the things we used to do very well. Sunday game panel felt we where kinda stuck between systems which is what it looked like.

It could be difficult to get something cohesive together by the time the qualifiers come along. This idea that it's just a matter of going out with a traditional 15 on 15 and telling them to get stuck in is a load of crap in the modern game. Cork knew exactly what they were trying to do and carried it out to the letter. Ideal scenario we get an easy draw in the qualifiers and we can hopefully get something in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,933 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think he's worried. Trying to change his system seems to have brought confusion and cost us a lot of the things we used to do very well. Sunday game panel felt we where kinda stuck between systems which is what it looked like.

It could be difficult to get something cohesive together by the time the qualifiers come along. This idea that it's just a matter of going out with a traditional 15 on 15 and telling them to get stuck in is a load of crap in the modern game. Cork knew exactly what they were trying to do and carried it out to the letter. Ideal scenario we get an easy draw in the qualifiers and we can hopefully get something in place.

The squad badly needs a mi wadi and biscuits meeting in Derek's house to sort things out

It will be a nervous draw and if we draw a hard than we could be banjaxed ???

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

The worst thing about today is that we are as far off winning an all Ireland as we were 4 years ago .

Terrible display. We were lucky to go in level at half time. Should have been at least 4 behind. Cork were worthy winners. Our stick work was dreadful. Too many players lacking pace in the forwards. Maurice and Brick looked to me like they struggled with the pace of the game in that heat. Pauric Mahony missing sitters of frees. Maurice going for a point at the death from near the 21 when we needed a goal. Nothing seemed to go right for us but we just weren't good enough. I didn't see the Bennett helmet foul until the Sunday Game this evening but that aside, I thought Barry Kelly gave us jack ****. Cork would still have beaten us but he seemed very reluctant to give any decision our way. Can Bennett get a suspension for the helmet pull retrospectivel?

Definitely felt like he strongly favoured Cork. Everyone around us at the game thought the same. Would need to watch it again on tv to see if that's genuinely the case though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Gavlor wrote: »
    Funny then, how the Sunday game panel agree with most on here.

Cork were by far the better team today but 15 and 15 we should beat them. Therefore the blame lies with the players and management. Management in particular.

No game plan, no desire, no shape, no chance.

I genuinely don't think 15 on 15 on paper Waterford have a better team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Definitely felt like he strongly favoured Cork. Everyone around us at the game thought the same. Would need to watch it again on tv to see if that's genuinely the case though.

Opposite was the case were I was sitting.

Fair enough,on the second yellow,but a Waterford player should have been off the pitch before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

magentis wrote: »

Fair enough... tonne honest I didn't know much about 4 or 5 of those cork lads so I shouldn't really comment.

Re: barry Kelly, he was as bad for both teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Nobody would after they have just been beaten, but last year I doubt we'd be saying the same?

Cork have definitely improved a lot to be fair, I think there's a lot more than that in Waterford though. We could have been beaten at half time if the goal chances were taken. 3 months without a competitive game definitely means theres improvement to come, but probably not as much as we need to be where we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deise Gael

Waterford committed hurling suicide today. Can't say it was any great surprise. Anyone whose been watching McGrath build the gallows for the last four years expected this.

We are a complete shambles. No game plan, players not knowing what their jobs are. Nobbled by a system that is alien to any hurler with a bit of nous.

I posted here last Christmas that we had no pace and no ability to gain possession from centre field up. This was proven today.

Imagine Aussie our most talented hurler being tossed from pillar to post before ending up at corner forward and being taken off while Moran and Paudie Mahony stayed on the pitch, both having nightmares. Paudie couldn't even take his frees. Why was Maurice not given a chance on them?

Tommy Ryan and Brian O'Halloran won more 50/50 ball in the twenty minutes they were on than Paudie did in the whole game.

McGrath was hoisted on his own petard today, a slave to his favourites.

Unfortunately his favourites are not up to the pace of intercounty hurling.

Imagine Jake Dillon coming on whilst Patrick Curran stayed on the line. This stuff is unforgivable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Strong stuff here... wtf were they doing for 8 weeks but more importantly the last 3 weeks??

https://m.soundcloud.com/offtheball/derek-mcgrath-on-falling-short-against-cork

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deise Gael

Strong stuff here... wtf were they doing for 8 weeks but more importantly the last 3 weeks??

I never heard such bulls*it. This guy is a complete bluffer and out of his depth.

Get him off the airwaves, he's an embarrassment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Are people overrating this Waterford team and players? We haven't beaten Tipp or Kilkenny in championship in ages and now Cork seem to be back. The thing is , one could nearly pick the Waterford team already such lack of diversity in Derek's selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

Bah - where do we go from here?

The last time I left a game feeling so empty was after Cork hammered us in 2014....

There was no positive after that today... who would you pick out in a white jersey?

Our work rate wasnt there at all, very strange for us...

We are seriously lacking forwards we couldnt win a ball up there...

This could be it for the current management, we threw everything at this game and came up well short...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

His time is up

Tipp perspective here. Admittedly we are not tearing any trees up this summer ourselves thus far and ye might be ending our summer early in the next couple of weeks but Waterford just haven't progressed from 2015. Its as if they had one game-plan and when that was rumbled last year in the Munster final Derek had no plan B.

Derek comes across as such a likeable gent and i wouldn't begrudge the man one bit of success but his mindset is completely wrong. He is consumed with fear. He is so concerned with minding the house so much that Waterford have lost their identity in the process. Waterford were at their best when they expressed themselves and played without shackles. They done this under Justin McCarthy and Michael Ryan and ok they didnt win all irelands but they were tough to beat and had a nice brand of hurling. Are they any better now with this defensive setup? And ironically, under both Davy and Derek who are defensively minded managers they have shipped heavy beatings.

They proved last year against Kilkenny that when they go out and hurl with adventure that they can match anyone but today you had two inside forwards, Maurice and Shane Bennett who looked threatening and yet were fairly starved of ball :confused:

If im being honest, if Waterford do fail this year then i think Derek will have brought them as far as he could. Time for a new man. Id be giving their u21 manager from last year his chance. That team he had played with swagger and confidence that Mullane and co displayed back in their hey day.

What's the likely ban for Bennett? Huge loss and an unbelievably foolish thing he did today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Opposite was the case were I was sitting.

Fair enough,on the second yellow,but a Waterford player should have been off the pitch before that.

I'm not talking about the big decisions in the game. I'm talking about just general frees. Kelly seemed to me to pull waterford up for frees a lot more than Cork. I'll watch the match later in the week, when I can face doing it and see it objectively, without the emotions of the game going on there and then, and see if my gut while at Semple is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

I want Kilkenny in the draw. If there's any bit of fight and pride in that team they'll be mad to prove themselves after today. The last good game we played was against Kilkenny, they're in trouble personnel wise so no better time to play them. We'll learn nothing beating a Laois or an Offaly.

Deise Gael wrote: »
    Waterford committed hurling suicide today. Can't say it was any great surprise. Anyone whose been watching McGrath build the gallows for the last four years expected this.

We are a complete shambles. No game plan, players not knowing what their jobs are. Nobbled by a system that is alien to any hurler with a bit of nous.

I posted here last Christmas that we had no pace and no ability to gain possession from centre field up. This was proven today.

Imagine Aussie our most talented hurler being tossed from pillar to post before ending up at corner forward and being taken off while Moran and Paudie Mahony stayed on the pitch, both having nightmares. Paudie couldn't even take his frees. Why was Maurice not given a chance on them?

Tommy Ryan and Brian O'Halloran won more 50/50 ball in the twenty minutes they were on than Paudie did in the whole game.

Imagine Jake Dillon coming on whilst Patrick Curran stayed on the line. This stuff is unforgivable.

Paudie scored 4 points from play.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭paddy13

Paudie scored 4 points from play.

He did play well in the first half but when we really needed scores, he missed a few.

I'm with Ropaire, draw Kilkenny, lose and hopefully finished with this negative crap. Win and confidence up big time.

paddy13 wrote: »
    He did play well in the first half but when we really needed scores, he missed a few.

I'm with Ropaire, draw Kilkenny, lose and hopefully finished with this negative crap. Win and confidence up big time.

He actually only scored one free. Did Cork take care of us that easily that we only had 4-5 scoreable frees/65s in the game? That's actually insane. We'd usually be winning a fair few more frees than that.

Thought the ref was a bit slow to call frees for us today. The type of ones Brick usually gets. He just wasn't giving them. The free count proves it.

Deiseen wrote: »
    What's the likely ban for Bennett? Huge loss and an unbelievably foolish thing he did today.
    Podge Collins got a one match suspension for doing similar a couple years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Didn't he get sent off during the game? Can they punish him if it's not in the ref's report?

Is the first qualifying round on the night before the Munster final?

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Didn't he get sent off during the game? Can they punish him if it's not in the ref's report?
    Yea if the ref missed it the CCCC will step in and apply the law.
    Overall we can't have too many complaints about the ref today. Our discipline was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Deiseland

I think Fintan o Connor is what Derek missed today as he was well able to read a game,propose changes positional and tactical etc. He just looked lost today no disrespect to Dan. A lot of work now to be done if we are to have any hope of progressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Deise Gael wrote: »

Tommy Ryan and Brian O'Halloran won more 50/50 ball in thwhen it wase twenty minutes they were on than Paudie did in the whole game.

Have to agree with most of that - worst part was when it all was going wrong is that there was no intervention or at least effort to make it appear that we had it under control ...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

:cool:
    robopaddy2 wrote: »
    Yea if the ref missed it the CCCC will step in and apply the law.
    Overall we can't have too many complaints about the ref today. Our discipline was shocking.

Have to disagree - Kelly gave us nothing .........he initially tries to let games flow but invariably starts blowing up for stuff and as usual today he gave cork every 50:50 decision

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭independent11

Ropaire wrote: »
    I want Kilkenny in the draw. If there's any bit of fight and pride in that team they'll be mad to prove themselves after today. The last good game we played was against Kilkenny, they're in trouble personnel wise so no better time to play them. We'll learn nothing beating a Laois or an Offaly.

We have put in one of our worst performances in many a year and you are suggesting we play the county we have our biggest fear of and haven't beaten in 58 years in championship. KK may be gone back a bit but that doesn't mean I'd prefer them over Dublin, Offaly or a Laois/Westmeath. This team don't need matches to learn anything. They need to perform and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

We have put in one of our worst performances in many a year and you are suggesting we play the county we have our biggest fear of and haven't beaten in 58 years in championship. KK may be gone back a bit but that doesn't mean I'd prefer them over Dublin, Offaly or a Laois/Westmeath. This team don't need matches to learn anything. They need to perform and win.

Let's go play Christy Ring so, we'd get plenty of wins in that. If we want to win an All Ireland we'll have to beat one of them or Tipp at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Limestone1 wrote: »
    :cool:

Have to disagree - Kelly gave us nothing .........he initially tries to let games flow but invariably starts blowing up for stuff and as usual today he gave cork every 50:50 decision
    Kelly was poor but he was poor to both sides. I don't think even our goal should have happened as I was convinced one of Cork's younger players was hauled off the ball trying to clear it, we worked it in and Maurice got a nice deflection of a Cork defender to tap into an empty net.
    On the other hand, there was one free put into Cork's goalmouth and Maurice made a great catch above 2 or 3 Cork defenders but was hauled down - really should've been a penalty. Duignan said as much on commentary.
    As robopaddy said, our discipline was awful, so many needless frees given away. At one point a Cork forward (Luke Meade maybe?) came onto a ball near our goal, he fumbled the pick up which sent him further away from goal into the corner and it was either de Burca or Coughlan who needlessly pulled him down. Just brainless coughing up easy scores like that, I was pulling my hair out at times.

Not much to add to what has been said already, just a shambles of a day all round. SOK, Barron and Maurice the only ones to come out with any bit of credit. Onwards to the qualifiers now, you just know we'll probably end up getting KK. Even if we don't this round, we most certainly would get them or Tipp in the next round so it's a minefield. My only hope is we have a tendency to pull out a performance off the back of a dire one but hard to know after today.

Cake Man wrote: »
    Kelly was poor but he was poor to both sides. I don't think even our goal should have happened as I was convinced one of Cork's younger players was hauled off the ball trying to clear it, we worked it in and Maurice got a nice deflection of a Cork defender to tap into an empty net.
    On the other hand, there was one free put into Cork's goalmouth and Maurice made a great catch above 2 or 3 Cork defenders but was hauled down - really should've been a penalty. Duignan said as much on commentary.
    As robopaddy said, our discipline was awful, so many needless frees given away. At one point a Cork forward (Luke Meade maybe?) came onto a ball near our goal, he fumbled the pick up which sent him further away from goal into the corner and it was either de Burca or Coughlan who needlessly pulled him down. Just brainless coughing up easy scores like that, I was pulling my hair out at times.

Not much to add to what has been said already, just a shambles of a day all round. SOK, Barron and Maurice the only ones to come out with any bit of credit. Onwards to the qualifiers now, you just know we'll probably end up getting KK. Even if we don't this round, we most certainly would get them or Tipp in the next round so it's a minefield. My only hope is we have a tendency to pull out a performance off the back of a dire one but hard to know after today.
    Any idea when the draw for the next round is? When are the games to be played?
    Hard to hold out much hope for us for the rest of the year. We can't keep losing games badly and 'learning lessons' and hope it inspires a big performance the following day. There's only so many times you can keep going to the well, it gets to a stage where were just kidding ourselves. 24 months ago we beat Cork twice in 5 weeks, league final and Munster semi with this same group of players. Now we seem to have come full circle.
    McGrath was a broken man in his interview after the game, a familiar sight at this stage. His tone in his (many) interviews in recent months haven't inspired confidence, some bizarre statements about 'not being as good as we think we are', 'in the chasing pack' '2/3 years behind the likes of Tipp and KK'. I wasn't too fussed about what he says as long as the players weren't subject to that negativity and were buying into the system and on the right track. On todays evidence nothing could be further from the that. The negativity has finally seeped through. The lack of discipline shows frustration with the system, particularly in moments when we were very much in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Any idea when the draw for the next round is? When are the games to be played?
    Draw is 8.30am Monday morning (Irish time) on one of the RTE radio channels, think they will be played on the 8th July somebody mentioned a page or two back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

He actually only scored one free. Did Cork take care of us that easily that we only had 4-5 scoreable frees/65s in the game? That's actually insane. We'd usually be winning a fair few more frees than that.

Thought the ref was a bit slow to call frees for us today. The type of ones Brick usually gets. He just wasn't giving them. The free count proves it.

Waterford scored 1 free all day, out of 7. Admittedly they didn't get as many scoreable frees as you'd expect but I can't remember the last time a top team only scored 1 free in a big game. Normally that should be 7 or 8. The shooting was poor from Waterford all through the game even aside from frees.

Cake Man wrote: »
    Draw is 8.30am Monday morning (Irish time) on one of the RTE radio channels, think they will be played on the 8th July somebody mentioned a page or two back.

Draw is next monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chookieourlaw

Ropaire wrote: »

With morale this low, anyone thinking we'd beat KK deluding themselves

• Advertisement

With morale this low, anyone thinking we'd beat KK deluding themselves
    Id take them over Tipp to be honest. Tipp out of everyone will be the most wounded animal of all. And pound for pound are still the best outfit in the country imo. KK will be ferocious in the qualifiers but are lacking the quality they once had.

A KK V Tipp draw would do the rest of us nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

robopaddy2 wrote:
    Id take them over Tipp to be honest. Tipp out of everyone will be the most wounded animal of all. And pound for pound are still the best outfit in the country imo. KK will be ferocious in the qualifiers but are lacking the quality they once had.

robopaddy2 wrote:

Can't play Tipp next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

We can't draw tipp in round 1.

Agree that we should want to avoid KK though. Try get as straightforward a game as possible and pray we don't balls it up

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Horseboxhead

Gutted ..... long road back, i think this is done now, looked like certain All stars/ Players have stopped listening preferring to read newspapers , telling them they are gifted, and maybe not work as hard, plus what kind of a bastardised formation were we at?, who was really playing where, i mean really?, and the reaction to this was to bring on Patrick Curran with 3 /4 min to go as the last sub , he must be stinking it up at training, as how could he not have been better than [Place individual forward of Choice], yesterday, where was Colin Dunford?, where was ahhhh, whole thing was a shambles, and anyone here who is saying don't blame the players , yeah maybe they did not set it up , but jesus react to at the least to a puck out system that is killing us by picking up runners, no body , no body came out of that with any Credit but Cork, and we have managed to wreck their day as just like the Tipp game it was all about how bollocks we were,We are full of individuals who can never really truly gel, watched it back again last night when i went home, and even at half time, Ken was having a go at Sok, for making two wonderfull saves, ahh we can't even help ourselves, well sick after that game, we had that togetherness for the first game v Kilkenny last year, and i think Ger Loughnane is full of **** , a real hare and hounds man, but i think first time i heard him say something and not think how does it benefit him saying that?, and that was our time with this group and Management was that game , and that point in time, looks true today.

Gutted ..... long road back, i think this is done now, looked like certain All stars/ Players have stopped listening preferring to read newspapers , telling them they are gifted, and maybe not work as hard, plus what kind of a bastardised formation were we at?, who was really playing where, i mean really?, and the reaction to this was to bring on Patrick Curran with 3 /4 min to go as the last sub , he must be stinking it up at training, as how could he not have been better than [Place individual forward of Choice], yesterday, where was Colin Dunford?, where was ahhhh, whole thing was a shambles, and anyone here who is saying don't blame the players , yeah maybe they did not set it up , but jesus react to at the least to a puck out system that is killing us by picking up runners, no body , no body came out of that with any Credit but Cork, and we have managed to wreck their day as just like the Tipp game it was all about how bollocks we were,We are full of individuals who can never really truly gel, watched it back again last night when i went home, and even at half time, Ken was having a go at Sok, for making two wonderfull saves, ahh we can't even help ourselves, well sick after that game, we had that togetherness for the first game v Kilkenny last year, and i think Ger Loughnane is full of **** , a real hare and hounds man, but i think first time i heard him say something and not think how does it benefit him saying that?, and that was our time with this group and Management was that game , and that point in time, looks true today.
    The thing that annoys me most is that McGrath managed Glesson out of the game, put him in midfield, centre back, centre forward and let him do his thing or at least have some plan to get him on the ball if he is going to roam around.

If we do get KK in the qualifiers, do we have them up in Walsh Park seeing as though we played them in Nolan Park in the league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 deiselad17

Just a note.. Lehane was given a free roam that worked to Corks advantage as he was played the ball over and over again..why wasnt this done for Aussie. Best player we have was nullified and starved of possession. Lehane dropped deep for puck outs and nearly always got hit by nash. In contrast our puckouts 90% of them were lumped with snow on them..thats a backs ball all day. Im afraid the bricks days are numbered. Moran was very very poor and the worst hes been in a long time hope he bounces back. we lacked serious leadership and felt sorry for Barron as he burst a gut yesterday and can hold his head up high along with Shanahan who looked a threat. I cant understand how we had nearly 3 free men in the backs when they were down to 14 and only a few points in it. What does Tommy Ryan have to do to start won good ball and is a massive threat and great shooter,contrast that with brick hell offload ball but runners weren't there yesterday like Cork had for example Ellis making 30 yards to receive a pass to put it over. I was depressed leaving Thurles yesterday and felt sorry for the players they looked like they hadn't a clue what do when they got the bal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

If we do get KK in the qualifiers, do we have them up in Walsh Park seeing as though we played them in Nolan Park in the league?

Makes no difference.

If we do draw KK I can't see it being on in Walsh park, even if we get home advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Maurice Shanahan had his hands up in the air at one point looking for a few balls.

Lads I've seen it mentioned here a few times that Maurice had a good game...watch it again! He was very bad, beaten to a lot of balls. I know a lot of balls didn't go his way but when they did, they came straight back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

* NOWLAN :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement